mss preflop

• kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      today i was playing MSS , i raised QQ from mp3 i think and got 3 bet then a mid stack shoved , i folded was this a good play? 1 player had AKs the shove was poket Js.. 1 more question why do we need to fold AK to an EP raise ? in SSS and BSS it says to raise AK ... seems funny to raise AK with a SS and BS but fold AK with a MS ?(
  • 5 replies
    • random3
      random3
      Bronze
      QQ hand:
      Chart says to go All-In if you get reraised with QQ in MP position, so without any specific reads this is an easy all in.

AK:
      We are playing deeper stacks than with SSS, and people wont go broke with many hands that we beat if they are raising/shoving UTG against 40bb player.
    • biogas
      biogas
      Gold
      Two other questions on mss.
      Call20 rule not included but should be ok?
      Flow chart does'nt tell much how to play 2nd pair postflop (say QQ on A or K flop). I know lot of depends on situation/flop/opponent, but what would be standart line OOP and IP.

Also what standart lines would be against donk bets with 2nd pair and top pair?
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      I think the call20 rule applys all strategy, just its very rare you ever will get the oppertunity of that in MSS
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      a situation i had been pondering cos like if i get min raised with KK on a flop with aces ive been folding, what is the call20 rule?
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      Call20 is only for preflop decisions. Your chance of catching a set post flop is much smaller, so it's not relevant.