This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

mss preflop

• kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      today i was playing MSS , i raised QQ from mp3 i think and got 3 bet then a mid stack shoved , i folded was this a good play? 1 player had AKs the shove was poket Js.. 1 more question why do we need to fold AK to an EP raise ? in SSS and BSS it says to raise AK ... seems funny to raise AK with a SS and BS but fold AK with a MS ?(
  • 5 replies
    • random3
      random3
      Bronze
      QQ hand:
      Chart says to go All-In if you get reraised with QQ in MP position, so without any specific reads this is an easy all in.

AK:
      We are playing deeper stacks than with SSS, and people wont go broke with many hands that we beat if they are raising/shoving UTG against 40bb player.
    • biogas
      biogas
      Bronze
      Two other questions on mss.
      Call20 rule not included but should be ok?
      Flow chart does'nt tell much how to play 2nd pair postflop (say QQ on A or K flop). I know lot of depends on situation/flop/opponent, but what would be standart line OOP and IP.

Also what standart lines would be against donk bets with 2nd pair and top pair?
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      I think the call20 rule applys all strategy, just its very rare you ever will get the oppertunity of that in MSS
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      a situation i had been pondering cos like if i get min raised with KK on a flop with aces ive been folding, what is the call20 rule?
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      Call20 is only for preflop decisions. Your chance of catching a set post flop is much smaller, so it's not relevant.