[NL2-NL10] Ak?

• pokerman13
      pokerman13
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 NL 8 players

im middle position and get dealt A :heart: K :heart: and raise to $1.50
      i get 1 caller (the guys in small blind) and flop is A :diamond: 6 :spade: 9 :club: and i bet $1.50 and the guy calls turn is 2 :heart: and i bet $2.50 and he raises to $10.

do i call my last 6 dollars allin ?

i ended up callin and he shows 2 :diamond: 2 :spade:

why did he call on flop ??

what what everyone else of done ?
  • 7 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      mh a bit weird.. so your stack was 10$ ? if you are not sure how to play after you doubled up you can also fold AKs.

if you decide to play: raise preflop to 4bb = 1$ if there aren´t any limpers. bet about 2/3 pot size on the flop like you would do it with a trash hand (continuation bet)... even with a double stack i go broke on this board holding AK so bet the turn again and call a reraise. if you meet no resistance you should go all in on the river.

why did he call on flop ??
      because he is an idiot... horrible call :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      agree with frzl) with 40BB stack (if it was so) you are should play it till the end almost no matter what. I would bet very close to pot size on flop, so i will be able to push on turn.
    • bleemo
      bleemo
      Bronze
      It was just a NASTY suck out and terrible call on hids part.

You played the hand perfect, except for the fact you didn't raise or re-raise enough pre-flop to make them beleive you had a monster... hard to fold AK with only 1 ace showing.

Keep in mind for next time, could have been ANY set or 2 pr out there( a lot of europeans think ace rag is the best NL hand going)

You just got unlucky, keep in mind that idiot probably paid out your money about 7 ands later to the same call.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Pokerman13, do not worry, just play the best you can..I have been suckouted many times on such way, just today happened to me that i have been suckouted 3 times with AK on the same way....everything was finished in the preflop (i play SSS), where i raised 4BB (always in position), guy raised me i went all-in (according to the SSS preflop chat to reraise) and 3times it was the same card for opponent "QQ" :) :) and i never catched A or K in the flop....:)

Anway i will seriously think about when reraising or go all-in with the AK in the future in preflop...all i need is more reads and pocker tracker:) ..I hope i will get the code from PS team soon, as i will reach the 2000 Strategy points soon;)

Drach
    • pokerman13
      pokerman13
      Bronze
      you get pocker tracker when you get 2000 strategy points ????

whats pocker tracker??
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Poker Tracker is a software that tracks hands, making hands histories, and stasts of your hands and your opponents hands, very helpfull at higher limits to improve your decision how to act....at limits until NL25 could be also usefull, but ABC poker play is also enough.

Please take a look in the folder "downloads" and you ll find more info about it.

Drach
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      You do not need any statistics to re-raise or push with AK pre-flop on the limits below NL 200, simply because you will have enough equity in the long run.

Don`t count a lot on PT playing SSS (on lower limits). Sometimes I felt more comfortable playing without PT (even on NL 100), because 12 tables look like Xmas tree with PA HUD and unless you got used to it - it only disturbs... later you will have to use it, of course.