[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH. AKs in a 3bet pot vs nit.

• Pkrpains
      Guy is 16/9/3.8 3bet, AF 1 per 212 hands.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($33.47)
      BB ($12.10)
      UTG ($14.11)
      CO ($20.59)
      Hero ($23.59)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:club:

fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, BB raises to $1.75, fold, Hero calls $1.25

FLOP ($3.75) K:spade: 8:diamond: 7:spade:

BB bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75

TURN ($11.25) K:spade: 8:diamond: 7:spade: 4:spade:

BB bets $6.58 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $10.50

Did not like the idea of 4betting preflop, as it would mean I would probably have to get it in vs him preflop, right?

Now, on the flop, I get my TPTK, but he pots it. I decided that a call is the best option here.

Turn completes the flush, but he almost instantly ships it. I really thought he has Aces, Kings or AK at best, so if I'm correct, I'm splitting at the best scenario, so it seemed like it's a loss-loss situation for me even though the odds are OK, but I decided to fold.

Does it make sense?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Pkrpains,

And welcome to the forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. Will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      Preflop: I wouldn't even Call here against his 3bet, since we just wont play it profitable by just Calling while we don't hit often enough. Therefore just fold the hand.

As played
      Postflop: Don't really see how much better you could hit? You Calling preflop and then giving up with TPTK. That really doesn't make sense. Fold preflop and if you Call it then go broke. Snap-shove could as well mean that he has a lot weaker hand not that he likely has the nuts.

Best regards.