[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AK Going broke preflop

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hello!

I now that it's not a big mistake to go broke with AK in shorthanded game but I want to check if following is good situation to do that.

I played around 20 hands at that table and had stats like 60/50. Usually my stats are about 20/18 but this time I simply had cards few hands in a row. So, obviously, I had very aggresive image at that point and therefore I suposed that players would start to 3-bet me lightly. So I decided for 4-bet/call push with AK against suitable player for that in particular situation, I think.

(Almost the same situation occured in NL10 SH QQ Going broke preflop)

His stats are: 33/20/70/4,7/1,7/268 (VPIP/PFR/FtoSteal/3b/AF/Hands)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $10.95
      BB:
      $16.18
      MP3:
      $3.75
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $9.63

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      CO posts deadblind, MP3 folds, CO checks, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $1.80, CO folds, Hero raises to $4.95, BB raises to $16.28, Hero calls $6.05.

Flop: ($27.23) Q, 9, 3 (2 players)

Turn: ($27.23) J (2 players)

River: ($27.23) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $27.23.
      Results follow:

BB shows three of a kind, queens(Q Q).
      Hero shows high card ace(K A).

BB wins with three of a kind, queens(Q Q).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alleen86,

His 3bet ain't that big either, I guess more often when he does the 3bet it's for value, therefore I might even continue cautiously there and sometimes even fold unless I see him fighting back against me more often.

I don't think that he is like that often going broke there with worse, therefore at the best we might get a flip, rather than we are far ahead. But as for the given facts that you have been pretty aggressive previous hands then it should be doable.

Plus usually take into account that people tend to do bigger 3bets with bigger hands, definitely note such opponents down. Some like to 3bets smaller with bluffs and big strong hands they are doing it bigger.

Best regards.