fish (I wanna swear)

• Rizdabizniz
      Rizdabizniz
      Bronze
      I am getting outdrawn like a mad man here. 7-2 against kings. A-A against 56suited. Now I know that if this continue's I'll get the money but by god its really f$%&^ng annoying to deal with. How do people deal with this sort of thing?? I'm seeing donks double their stacks, even tripling up in 0.02/0.04 limit hold em and loving it. I'm trying to stay calm and play the good hands but feel there's injustice to myself and a couple other good players :(
  • 4 replies
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      I could put this in a positive light, or a negative one.

Positive: Eventually it will even out, and you shall laugh at the donks as they hand you their stacks on a silver platter.

Negative: Eventually, you will run so bad and be sucked out so brutally that losing a few bucks to a 20% hand will be very easy to shrug off, as you'll have seen it all before.

Both of these are true.
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      i play micro-tourneys, and when I see a bad player that upsets me with their dumb play, this is what I do.
      --> I go to Official Poker Rankings and type their username, and there you go, it shows that the guy is an obviously losing (and dumb) player who is just getting lucky against me at the moment on that table.

It then makes me feel relieve a bit that the play I did was profitable in the long run and what he is doing is contributing to the aquarium swimming happily with short term lucks.

So with cash games, go to Poker-Edge, and confirm the real winnings of this guy - if there really are. hahaha ^_^

i love you fishes! stay as you are. swim swim swim. :s_biggrin:
    • Veeziits
      Veeziits
      Bronze
      I agree with Yin.
      I used to do that with cash games on ptr when it still catched fulltilt hands, it makes you feel better :)
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      At the begining it can be hard to swallow, it gets MUCH easier. One thing I do is tell myself to be grateful that people are calling a 5bb raise with 83s;

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $3.63
      BB:
      $3.12
      UTG2:
      $4.65
      MP1:
      $3.96
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $1.90
      CO:
      $1.70
      BU:
      $3.25

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, CO folds, BU calls $0.25, 3 folds, 2 folds, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($0.62) 4, 3, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BU calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.42) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25(All-In), BU calls $1.25.

River: ($3.92) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.92.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and threes(K K).
      BU shows three of a kind, threes(3 8).

BU wins with three of a kind, threes(3 8).

Here the villain got VERY lucky, so what? Do you understand how much money players like this lose by making these plays, they're reacreational players aka fish. This is a good thing and soon you will rejoice that there are players like this out there. SO LONG as you play solid poker and stick to your sums :D

AKM