Hello :D

• dzabs
      dzabs
      Bronze
      Hello all, i have a few questions and hope you bee able to help me get to the answers.

The first one is already answered a few times but i would just love to get a confirmation :) )

My Fulltilt account is made trough pokerstrategy and i got my starting 50 dollaz, the question here is "i deposit the min ammount posible and i get rakeback without doing anything more right?" Basically if i deposit 10$ i get rake back and i can keep the 50$ starting + winnings so far. (I know it's a stupid question but well ;$).

Now i gotta say i like full tilt a lot its easy on the eye the low stakes are fairly easy to play and the overall experience is very good in my opinion. The only thing i don't like is rush poker tho as i lost like 4$ in a minute xD so I'm back to low stake cash games, sng's and mtt's as i have the feeling i mostly dominate there at low stakes :)

My second question is, what should i do with my pokerstars account i have like a bit more then 10$ Bankroll over there and ye i do like pokerstars too but what would be your suggestion should i keep playing on both or just focus on one? If i got it right pokerstars rake back is VPP? i basically get those points that I can use in the vip store?

I'm sorry for the wall of text but maybe someone gives me an answer or at least a tip at what to do :)
  • 5 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi dzabs,

You're right, to receive rakeback on Full Tilt you would need to do a deposit of your own funds. This could be a minimum deposit as you've mentioned, but just bear in mind that you will receive a 100% matching bonus on your first deposit only. It's important that you therefore choose an amount that is suitable to yourself.
      The maximum bonus available is $600, but if you're playing the micros and unlikely to clear such a big amount then stick to a more realistic figure to clear ;)

In terms of your PokerStars account a lot of members, including myself often play on several different rooms, it sometimes helps to take a break from one and switch to another.
      I personally however, in your situation, would concentrate on Full Tilt and clearing the matching bonus first then maybe reevaluate how you're doing.

Player strength is pretty similar on both PokerStars & Full Tilt, I've heard from other members that the rakeback is better on Full Tilt for lower, micro players but when reaching higher levels the Stars VIP scheme might offer a better return. I cannot confirm or deny this, but there are several threads on this in the forum if you do a bit of a search.

Just finally, as you're probably already aware, we are unable to retrack any existing account you held prior to joining PokerStrategy. You will therefore only receive PokerStrategy points on your tracked accounts.

Think I've covered your questions, if not or if you have any others just give us a shout. Admins, moderators and of course loads of friendly members are always around to help.

Good luck & enjoy your poker.

Best regards,

Bart
    • dzabs
      dzabs
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answer :)

I think that I'm gonna deposit some money on full tilt as well and continue to play on both.

Thank you for the starting bankroll and thank you even more for such a large number of good articles that really helped me understand poker even better and improve my game :f_p:
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      I can confirm that Full Tilt is better for low-stakes. Put it this way: By the time you should switch to PokerStars, you'll be experienced enough that you'll know it. What I'd do with 10 bucks there is play the 10c or 25c MTT's if I ever got a hankering to play some of them :) But put the majority of your efforts into Full Tilt Poker for now. 60 bucks is enough to be rolled for NL2 cash games or 1.20 SNG's (if you're willing to risk going broke). Personally, I recommend the cash games while you're learning, and if you find those boring, switch to SNG's. The rake on SNG's is very high at the micro stake levels, however, which is why I recommend NL2. (NL2 is when you buy in for a maximum of 2 dollars, so 1c/2c blinds)
    • dzabs
      dzabs
      Bronze
      Yeah that's exactly what Ive been doing, cash games on FTP and mtt's on stars, mainly focusing on FTP last few days tho :)

Well so far I feel like I'm standing in one place and I don't have a clue why that is. And by that I mean I go up a few dollars i lose a few dollars and so on all the time.
      Is that how it is supposed to be? I'm trying to think positive about it, so it's better to always be at the same amount of money in my bankroll then going bust, at least for now :f_p:

Thanks for the answers :)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by dzabs
      Yeah that's exactly what Ive been doing, cash games on FTP and mtt's on stars, mainly focusing on FTP last few days tho :)

Well so far I feel like I'm standing in one place and I don't have a clue why that is. And by that I mean I go up a few dollars i lose a few dollars and so on all the time.
      Is that how it is supposed to be? I'm trying to think positive about it, so it's better to always be at the same amount of money in my bankroll then going bust, at least for now :f_p:

Thanks for the answers :)
      The most common pattern is to go on an initial upswing followed by a significant downswing. The official word on this is that it's attributable to variance, although if the downswing is prolonged it might be because of poor play.

Mind you, one of the Didactics & Psychology articles says there's no such thing as a downswing and all cumulative losses are caused by bad play.