for sale posting allowed?

• dochazard
      dochazard
      Bronze
      Hi Pokerstrategy!

I was wondering if I'm allowed to post in my blog thread about a poker-related domain name I'm selling. I won't be posting about it in other threads.

Also, am I allowed to link to that for sale domain in my signature? Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi dochazard,

I'm afraid not. We do not allow the advertising of items for sale here, poker related or otherwise.

Similiarly we do not allow the linking of domains in your posts or signatures.

These guidelines are there to protect all members from potential personal data or financial loss. It also helps to keep the forum dedicated to poker strategy & discussion without getting overrun with sales/transfers etc.

We would recommend that you use an online agency or auction site dedicated to web-domains for best results.

Appreciate you asking first though & good luck with your venture.

Best regards,

Bart
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Just to add to that:

There has been discussions within PokerStrategy that a dedicated area (similar to the newly created Staking thread) may be considered for future, but this needs time to be worked on and how best to control it in members best interests etc.

Until then, we stick with our current principle of not allowing any sales, money transfers or links to external domains.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart
    • dochazard
      dochazard
      Bronze
      Thanks for the friendly reminder. I did read the rules prior to asking, and just wanted clarification on the "prior consent" clause. ;) I do understand of course, so no worries.

keep up the good work...

is there any chance I can work for PStrat WITHOUT moving to Gibraltar? Hehehe!