The Poker Journal

• Stevos1938
      Stevos1938
      Bronze
      Hello everybody,

This is my first blog and probably my first post on the english forumz. I have been following a lot of interesting blogs here ( Lessthanthree, TwiceT, TLN, Pinowww, etc. )
      I've had a blog on the dutch forum but for some reason i couldn't get myself to update it. Hopefully things will be different this time.

So first a little basic introduction, i'm Stevos ( I wish to remain annonymous for now ) 20 years old and from Belgium.

My blog will consist of several subjects:
      :spade: Poker ( duh !)
      :diamond: Mindset, getting the most out of life, being happy
      :heart: Social interactions, seducing women and relationships
      :club: Art ( if anyone is interested in that )

:spade: First my sort of poker history
      I started out, as most of you, with the 50$ from pokerstrategy. Build up my BR to around $600- $ 800 by playing sng's.
      After a while i went on a small downswing and decided to change to 18mans. Quickly i got up to around $2K and also got coached by Eljay who's a big winner in those games.
      Right after that i had a period of bad luck and lost money for over 1000 games, went from the $11 18mans to the 6,5 and eventually the 3,40's.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After i noticed that the highest games on the 18mans were the 100 dollar games i decided to change back to the turbo sng's. I sort of had to make the change because Belgian players had to start playing on pokerstars.be which meant i could not play because i'm not 21 yet. And 18mans only run decently on pokerstars.

This is my graph so far for the 3,40's 10man sng's. Not running to good but yeah, who cares. I just want to play good and have fun, hopefully results will follow.

My goals and all the other stuff will be posted later,
      have to get grinding now.
      Good day all ! :f_biggrin:
  • 3 replies
    • Stevos1938
      Stevos1938
      Bronze
      Been a long time since i updated this blog.
      So i have a sort of new idea on how the blog will look like. It will be my journal so i'll just write what i'm doing, thinking about, what my goals are, etc.

Lets start off by telling why I play poker in the first place. By nature I am a very competitive person. Losing and not achieving certain goals is not an option for me. Unfortunately this sometimes results in putting the bar way to high, which makes it impossible for me to achieve, thus making me burnt out and miserable. But I do love the game and really like all the strategy and thinking behind certain plays aswell as the idea of outplaying your opponents. Besides that it also seems pretty lucratif and allows to make some serious money, if you study and work on your game ofcourse. Since i'm a student who still lives with his parents i don't have a lot of expenses and don't have to worry about housing, etc.
      Basically i want to become a good poker player so that in the future there will be no worries regarding money issues. It's always been a dream for me to become an artist. Not some stupid modern artist but someone who has the abilities and raw technical skill such as Rubens but combined with modern day subjects. And whilst there are still such people living in this world, studying with them is very expensive. Again, a reason for me to play poker. I think that within a time period of 2-3 years i can become good enough to make more money than some regular crappy jobs pay. I see this as an investment of time in the furture.
      Also i'm very persistent and stubborn. If i believe i can do something no one can make me believe other wise. My parents want me to quit poker and do something else, but i don't because i know that if i put in the time i can make some decent money.

:spade: So how i'm i doing on my poker journey. Well i lost almost my entire bankroll because of bad beats and basically an enormous downswing. After deciding that the variance in those sng's is just way to high and the fact that there's alot more luck involved because of all the preflop shoving i decided to switch to shorthanded cashgames as my main game. Unfortunately i decided to just play the game, thinking, meh i can beat NL25. Because my post flop play wasn't to good and the fact that i ran pretty bad i quickly lost some more. Then made the wise choice to play some HU which started very good by winning 3 buyins and ended in losing 4 buyins. Since this summer vacation i've been really working on my game and i've been playing NL10 ever since. Almost ready to take some shots at NL20.

My graph so far of NL10, guess where i started studying :f_biggrin:
      Running at around 15bb/100 hands

And as a threadsaver, yes we all like pretty girls, the beautifull Jill Flint
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Hey man, nice start to the blog. Just tbh I don't think Jill Flint is pretty at all lol :f_biggrin:

Keep it goin' bro!
    • Stevos1938
      Stevos1938
      Bronze
      Soooooooo update time.

First of all, if windows media player ever asks you to update to a certain divx type before you can play a video file, decline it. I accepted and it was full of malware and crashed my computer.

:spade: Have been playing pretty good, but running like shit. It's kinda funny, everytime i start a blog i run bad :f_biggrin:
      Some guys hitting 3 outers etc.

At the moment i'm reading Verneer's 6max ebook, seems pretty good so far.

A funny hand this session, i opted not to 4bet preflop because i wanted to keep the fish in. Even though i risk getting outdrawn on the flop.

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG jomso ($31.54)
      CO Steven1938 ($14.50)
      BTN Rizottto ($9.93)
      SB piermutand ($9.79)
      BB flower220 ($10.65)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Steven1938 is CO K:spade: K:heart:
      1 fold, Steven1938 raises to $0.35, Rizottto calls $0.35, piermutand calls $0.30, flower220 raises to $1.75, Steven1938 calls $1.40, Rizottto calls $1.40, piermutand calls $1.40

Flop: 8:spade: 3:club: 7:diamond: ($7, 4 players)
      piermutand checks, flower220 bets $8.90, Steven1938 goes all-in $12.75, 1 fold, piermutand calls $8.04

Turn: 5:club: ($36.69, 3 players, 1 all-in)

River: 8:diamond: ($36.69, 3 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $36.69
      Steven1938 shows
      K:spade: K:heart:
      piermutand shows
      A:diamond: 8:club:

piermutand wins $29.57 (net +$19.78)

Steven1938 collects $5.48 (net -$9.02)
      Rizottto lost $1.75
      flower220 lost $10.65

@ AKM247 : How can you not find Jill Flint hot ? omg :s_mad: :f_biggrin:
      Maybe Rosie Jones is better ? :s_cool: