This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 - middle pair

• jockel80
      jockel80
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,68
      BU:
      $5,79

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:club: , T:spade:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0,06, SB folds, Hero calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,13) K:club: , T:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,09, BU calls $0,09.

During the game I thought, he would have probably bet if he had hit something. So I bet myself to protect, e.g., against FDs. Now I realize that there are also some stronger hands (AT,QT,JJ,QQ) or he could check. He could even play check/raise with very strong hands. So is checking behind better here?

Turn: ($0,31) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0,31) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,18, Hero calls $0,18.

Is calling ok? I thought he was capable of bluffing with missed FDs etc.

Final Pot: $0,67

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows a pair of kings (Ah Kd)
      Hero shows (Jc Ts)

BU wins with a pair of kings (Ah Kd)

best regards
      jockel80
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jockel80,

Preflop: I guess I would even fold such hands preflop against that kind of opponents.

As played
      Flop: First of all, he can't play Check/Raise since he is IP and as well you can't Check behind since you are OOP. Although I guess I would likely Check the flop and take a look at his actions and maybe even let him to continue his bluffs by that I mean CBet with whole range, which he might fold some of them.

As played if flop was bet
      River: Kinda close although doable against that kind of aggressive player while he is even giving us pretty great odds.

Best regards.
    • Skaladpotatis
      Skaladpotatis
      Bronze
      I would just fold this hand pre-flop or maybe 3-bet if he folds alot to 3-bets but i hate to just call out of position. The hands you hit are never TPTK and it's very hard to play them out of position.

3-bet or fold pre to avoid these hard decisions :)