resolution

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I got my free starting capital about a week ago. In my first 1K hands of 2NL, I built the $50 up to $60. In the last 2K hands, it has dropped to $44.

From being up five buyins I am now down three buyins. And I am now a losing player with a really ugly bb/100 rate.

I have decided that I'm going to continue studying and playing unless and until my starting capital runs out. But, if I lose my entire starting capital, I am *NOT* going to deposit. It doesn't make sense to throw good money after bad.

I have emailed William Hill support with this exact same statement as well.
  • 9 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      OK i'm curious - why did you email WH support with that?
    • Gelsnr
      Gelsnr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      OK i'm curious - why did you email WH support with that?
      i was wondering the same thing, i might start emailing pokerstars when i go on a downswing lol
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      so that they put off the doomswitch ofc...
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clawindsouza

sssht! not everyone has to know. But since you already know one of pokers best kept secrets. When players are on a horrible downswing or are about to quit playing on their site and they email support about it. They turn on the "Run-Good-Switch" the equivalent of the doomswitch but the other way around after they've reviewed your handhistories to see if you deserve it. Which basically means you will win 70% of coinflips instead of 50% so you win money and other players do not get suspicious.

Best of luck in your attempt to get your Run-Good-Switch activated. Be aware of the risks though.. the more often you use it.. the more likely you will get doomswitched. After all.. With great power comes great responsibility.
    • Gelsnr
      Gelsnr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Originally posted by clawindsouza

sssht! not everyone has to know. But since you already know one of pokers best kept secrets. When players are on a horrible downswing or are about to quit playing on their site and they email support about it. They turn on the "Run-Good-Switch" the equivalent of the doomswitch but the other way around after they've reviewed your handhistories to see if you deserve it. Which basically means you will win 70% of coinflips instead of 50% so you win money and other players do not get suspicious.

Best of luck in your attempt to get your Run-Good-Switch activated. Be aware of the risks though.. the more often you use it.. the more likely you will get doomswitched. After all.. With great power comes great responsibility.
      brilliant! :f_love: :f_love:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I was just letting them know that they're not dealing with a fish, if "fish" is defined as someone who keeps redepositing after they've conclusively demonstrated that they're never going to be a winning player. In my email to WH, I told them that I wasn't questioning their integrity (even though, in the back of my mind, I was).

In my view, if I lose the entire 25 buyins at 2NL while doing my best to practise responsible BRM and study enough to become a winning player, then the situation is indeed hopeless and I need to take up crocheting instead. Sweaters can also be sold for a small profit and there is no element of chance involved in making a sweater.

NOTE: The reply I got from WH still included their copied-and-pasted standard integrity spiel, which is so obviously self-serving that it only makes a suspicious player even more suspicious. They also referred to poker as "gambling," which I find a silly statement for a poker site to make in today's social climate.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by belayd
      In my view, if I lose the entire 25 buyins at 2NL while doing my best to practise responsible BRM and study enough to become a winning player, then the situation is indeed hopeless and I need to take up crocheting instead. Sweaters can also be sold for a small profit and there is no element of chance involved in making a sweater.
      There's also a risk in selling sweaters. Your sweaters might be so ugly that no one buys them and then your stuck with a 100 ugly sweaters that you will have to wear for the next 10 years :)
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Originally posted by belayd
      There's also a risk in selling sweaters. Your sweaters might be so ugly that no one buys them and then your stuck with a 100 ugly sweaters that you will have to wear for the next 10 years :)
      :f_love: :f_thumbsup: On the bright side. You won't have to spend gifts for friends and family anymore.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      1920x1080 usually does the job.