ie; $50 starting capital....

• 6 replies
    • dzabs
      dzabs
      Bronze
      As far as i know you can play whatever stakes you want, but my suggestion would be to play on the low stakes and grind up your way to at least 100$ before moving up in stakes.

I hope that was the answer you were looking for :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi nativehero2007 & welcome to the community,

As per dzabs, you can play whatever you like, but we always strongly recommend that you follow the suggested BRM (Bankroll Managment) in our strategy guides. These are there to help you build on your free starting capital and learn to adapt your game without going bust.

From memory (forgive me if these have changed recently), you can play SnG's with a 50xBuyin BRM. That means that you can (just about) start to play a $1 sng, or ideally if your chosen poker room has a $0.50 or $0.75 these would be better to start off on.
      Alternatively as you & dzabs have indicated, you could start off on the cash tables and then move onto sng's when you have managed to build up a little more bankroll from your starting $50.

Have you chosen a room to play on yet? Fellow members can probably give more detailed advice when we know which room you will be joining :)

Good luck & enjoy your poker,

Bart
    • nativehero2007
      nativehero2007
      Bronze
      Yes... thanks i am playing sit n gos at a dollar.... cool....and i never played cash games before... and my first foray into cash games is.... u gotta believe.... ahh thx for advice folks... im on William Hill Poker.... and when is there peak times when the most players online....?????
    • charliebeth
      charliebeth
      Bronze
      Hi , Im also a new signee , not quite got the $50 yet, but i deposited £30 at william hill to get a feel for their cash .

peak times so far seem to be uk evenings.

Keep looking round this PS site. There is lots here
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nativehero2007
      Yes... thanks i am playing sit n gos at a dollar.... cool....and i never played cash games before... and my first foray into cash games is.... u gotta believe.... ahh thx for advice folks... im on William Hill Poker.... and when is there peak times when the most players online....?????
      Hi nativehero2007,
      Please remmeber that William Hill offers an automatic bankroll protection for beginners. When starting out with your $50 starting capital, you will only be able to play in the following limits:

-Fixed Limit Hold'em: Up to $0.10/$0.20
      -No Limit Hold'em: Up to $0.05/$0.10
      -Sit and Goes Texas Hold'em: Up to $1 buy-in (not including entry-fee)

It will help you get through the introductory phase with a profit. The automatic bankroll protection will either be lifted after you've generated 50$ in rake or tournament fees or after 30 days of actively playing for real money at William Hill.

Please do let us know how you getting along and don't forget to visit our William Hill forum to read what others have to say!
      Ingrid
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi charliebeth,

Welcome to the community and I hope you are enjoying playing at William Hill! =)

Keep us posted on your results
      Ingrid