Phil Hellmuth Presents Read 'Em and Reap: A Career FBI Agent's Guide to Decoding Poker Tells

• 11 replies
    • ccookie
      ccookie
      Bronze
      I didn't try it, let somebody else be a guinea pig. Given how lame the first Phil's book was, the chance he can write anything useful is very slim.
    • macydus2
      macydus2
      Bronze
      Yea phils other book was lame! I got it for free though and I always say even if you spend hours reading a book, article or going to a seminar and its almost all useless if you pick up one thing or if something you already know gets drummed into then its worthwhile ;)
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      I know, I don't think that his Play poker like the pro's was very interesting, but the comments about this book (Read 'Em) on amazon were really positive. However I prefere to hear the opinion of some poker players.
    • topotamadre
      topotamadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Philipvw
      Someone already read this? How is it? How is it compared to Mike Caro's book?
      hey! ;)

nobody read this book?

philip, could you read the book??
    • figeljfigelj
      figeljfigelj
      Bronze
      I have read it. It`s pretty interesting all book is about body tells and how to suspect them. There is no tournament tactics or something like that. It will help you to read people when playing live. I enjoyed reading this book.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Is Phil Helmuth still a winning player?
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      I actually bought the book a couple of months ago. I had no idea that it was recently released, figuring it would have been written close to the time when his other book was.

I figured that I would have to either buy Caro's Book Of Tells or Hellmuth's book and I wanted something more "up-to-date."

I haven't read it yet because I don't take live play serious - yet. I did flip through it the other day and saw a picture of a guy staring at a woman's breasts. Apparently this is a technique that men may use to throw a woman "off her game." I suspect Caro's book wouldn't include such a detail because I doubt many women played Poker then, but this is just speculation as I haven't read Caro's book.

And no... the book does not contain nudity! :D

Nav
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen
      Is Phil Helmuth still a winning player?
      yes, in a live tournament w/ a lot of weaker live players phil hellmuth has a big edge. but against tougher opponents he has a lot of trouble.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      he has a superiority complex he needs to fix imo, thats all thats stopping him from doing better imo.
    • Depor07
      Depor07
      Bronze
      Yeh man Ive read the book. Alot of good information, it belongs next to Mike Caro's book on your bookshelf and his video (although watch out Caro's video will help you clean up fish getting out of line, but a serious player who has practised will clean you up on occasion).
      I cant say that the book has paid for itself like Mikes has done multiple times, but only read it once, its the type of material that needs to be studied a couple of times. It is a good graduation of Mikes book, new tells like hand positions on the table, the highrachy of body part honesty, feet most honest face least.
      A good book for someone who takes live games seriously.
    • patricholier
      patricholier
      Basic
      Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: [EDITED by IngridN: Violation against our forum principles ]Career guide[/URL]

Best regards.