[NL2-NL10] JJ fine with delayed c bet?

• Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      I got JJ in late position, I 3 bet his MP3 raise he calls, I think his range is like QJ QK AQs AQo AJs AJo, 55+. Is it all right to make a delayed c bet on this board? To get value from worse hands. When he checks back to me I kinda take it like he dosen't have anything strong enough to bet by himself, but he probably got showdown value. So I bet for value with my jacks obvious.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Spela upp hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $3.86
      MP1:
      $3.80
      MP2:
      $10.45
      MP3:
      $7.71
      CO:
      $19.47
      BU (Hero):
      $4.00
      SB:
      $3.33
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG1:
      $10.14

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, J.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.65) Q, 3, 8 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.65) 6 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.20, MP3 calls $1.20.

River: ($5.05) T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.60, MP3 calls $1.60.

Final Pot: $8.25.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of jacks(Js Jh).
      MP3 shows high card ace(Ad Kd).

Hero wins with a pair of jacks(Js Jh).
  • 3 replies
    • random3
      random3
      Bronze
      We fire delayed cbet when board improves in our favor. How does 6c help you?

Anyway I think bet on turn is ok, to protect against overcards/TT/99 type hands. But I would check behind on river, I don't think you are getting more value out of it.

Also if what you wrote down you think is his range, thats your equity on river:

UTG 32.72% 32.10% 0.62% JJ
      UTG+1 67.28% 66.67% 0.62% 55+, AQs-AJs, KQs, QJs, AQo-AJo, KQo, QJo

So more often then not you'll be beat, more reason to check behind on the river.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by random3
      We fire delayed cbet when board improves in our favor. How does 6c help you?
      [quote]

Villain can't handread. As a matter of fact 99% of the players on <100NL can't hand read properly

Anyway I think bet on turn is ok, to protect against overcards/TT/99 type hands. But I would check behind on river, I don't think you are getting more value out of it.
      Yes I completely agree with this. Bet Turn for value but checking back River is far better since you are value-owning yourself most of the times rather than thin vbet

- Gerv
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      hmmm...

I think I would have cbet flop as the Q hits my range, and many players are scared of overpairs in a 3bet por anyway.

Then, if he called, I would probably bet turn to get a free showdown in river. If he bets river, I'd have a hard decision... a bit villan-based but without reads I'd be more inclined to fold.

Anything blatantly wrong with that line?

Cheers!

edit: yes there is. I just saw Hero is short stacked, so never mind my line...