This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ fine with delayed c bet?

• Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      I got JJ in late position, I 3 bet his MP3 raise he calls, I think his range is like QJ QK AQs AQo AJs AJo, 55+. Is it all right to make a delayed c bet on this board? To get value from worse hands. When he checks back to me I kinda take it like he dosen't have anything strong enough to bet by himself, but he probably got showdown value. So I bet for value with my jacks obvious.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Spela upp hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $3.86
      MP1:
      $3.80
      MP2:
      $10.45
      MP3:
      $7.71
      CO:
      $19.47
      BU (Hero):
      $4.00
      SB:
      $3.33
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG1:
      $10.14

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, J.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.65) Q, 3, 8 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.65) 6 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.20, MP3 calls $1.20.

River: ($5.05) T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.60, MP3 calls $1.60.

Final Pot: $8.25.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of jacks(Js Jh).
      MP3 shows high card ace(Ad Kd).

Hero wins with a pair of jacks(Js Jh).
  • 3 replies
    • random3
      random3
      Bronze
      We fire delayed cbet when board improves in our favor. How does 6c help you?

Anyway I think bet on turn is ok, to protect against overcards/TT/99 type hands. But I would check behind on river, I don't think you are getting more value out of it.

Also if what you wrote down you think is his range, thats your equity on river:

UTG 32.72% 32.10% 0.62% JJ
      UTG+1 67.28% 66.67% 0.62% 55+, AQs-AJs, KQs, QJs, AQo-AJo, KQo, QJo

So more often then not you'll be beat, more reason to check behind on the river.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by random3
      We fire delayed cbet when board improves in our favor. How does 6c help you?
      [quote]

Villain can't handread. As a matter of fact 99% of the players on <100NL can't hand read properly

Anyway I think bet on turn is ok, to protect against overcards/TT/99 type hands. But I would check behind on river, I don't think you are getting more value out of it.
      Yes I completely agree with this. Bet Turn for value but checking back River is far better since you are value-owning yourself most of the times rather than thin vbet

- Gerv
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      hmmm...

I think I would have cbet flop as the Q hits my range, and many players are scared of overpairs in a 3bet por anyway.

Then, if he called, I would probably bet turn to get a free showdown in river. If he bets river, I'd have a hard decision... a bit villan-based but without reads I'd be more inclined to fold.

Anything blatantly wrong with that line?

Cheers!

edit: yes there is. I just saw Hero is short stacked, so never mind my line...