[NL2-NL10] nl2 sh flush

• Jim4rdo
      Hey dude,

Wondering what you thought of this.

I didn't put him on a FH, I had put him on a flush. Maybe like J8s, 89, something like that.

But I feel I had already invested enough money to not fold on that river shove?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.13) 3, 6, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BB calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.29) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20.

River: ($0.69) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.92, Hero calls $0.52.

Final Pot: $2.53.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, king high(T K).
      BB shows a flush, ace high(A J).

BB wins with a flush, ace high(A J).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Turn: What kind of hands will fold on turn which didn't fold on flop? More often I expect him to continue on turn as well most of his range, therefore I might even just Check behind on turn.

As played
      River: I don't think that you can put him on exactly that hand there and only flushes. If we take into account as well ranges then you likely have to add as well FHs there, while those players very often are capable of slowplaying with them even till river. And as he did Check/Raise there with nutFlush, therefore I expect him to do that as well with FHes. But rather the question is if he is capable of doing that there with straight or not. And more often I'd say he wont pick that line with straight there that often while FH/Flushes are possible. But if you had some kind of reads on him that he might as well do that with even worse than flushes/fh-es then the Call is considerable. Although I guess in longer run we will face rather made hands there.

We need like 21% equity to get a profitable Call there and against flushes/full houses we ain't getting it.

Best regards.