Whatup English?!

• Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Hey guys, I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself over at your side of the community.

My name is Christian, I'm 20 years old(21 April 9th), born in Denmark, raised and currently living in Sweden. At the moment I'm studying at Orebro University, Law(kind of) but I'm really ambivalent about what I want to be doing in the future, alas poker has become more than a hobby.

Obviously I started out with poker as anybody, some random homegame which I won and after that I was pretty much hooked. Now, a couple of years later, I've been playing with more heart and mind, for about 6 month, my focus being on MTTs, after trying out both SNG & cashgame grinding but agreeing with myself that MTTs are where I belong. I play out of Pokerstars and Fulltilt, finding those sites sufficient for my needs.

As I said above, poker has become more than a hobby after I realized I had a nack for it, winning rather "big" a couple of times together with the fact that I was f-cking bored in School, and the idea of 9-5 making me feel dizzy it was a obvious dream. However, I still haven't quit School, but I plan to spend the summer with two friends grinding away hoping to make it out of lowstakes and paying the rent(three people in one small apartment) with it in order to become pokerpros. It's an ambitious dream, I know, but I am a very ambitious person and I fully believe myself(and co) capable of making this journey.

So, welcome to the jungle, as they say. I'll be around! (;

Guthan
  • 5 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Christian,

Welcome to our community!

Thank you for the great and well detailed introduction! ;)

You must keep us posted how you guys getting along with your pretty ambitious plan! Are your friends playing through PokerStrategy.com as well?

Don't forget that you guys can invite as many friends as you like.

I know that the Swedish community would love to hear from you as well! Have you introduced yourself there already?

Hope our "jungle" will be a great home for you guys :f_biggrin:
      Ingrid
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      You're very welcome, and thank you!

That I will, however, my friends are not. They're abit lazy on that front I believe, haha, but great players nonetheless.

About the Swedish community I'm already an active member over there, but the forum is abit inactive at the nightly hours when I often play, haha.

Thank you,

Guthan
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      That's indeed a pity!
      Would have liked to follow you guys on the forum! :]

Good luck at the tables,
      Ingrid
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      I might just go and do something crazy like starting a blogg. It's an idea I've had for awhile, the point being to share our journey and also for motivation to keep pushing, probably easier when you know people are following your progress.

It will most likely be on the English side of the forum, I don't like the idea of limiting the blogg to the Swedish language, and since my English is pretty decent I don't think it'll be a huge problem.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Now we're talking =)

We would be very happy to have you on our blog section.

You can take a look at our poker blog section how other members are getting along. Personally I think its a great tool to share your ideas, exchange opinions and most importantly keep the whole PokertStrategy.com updated on your ambitious plan ;)

Your English is perfect, wouldn't worry about that at all.

Ok, you keep us posted right?
      Ingrid