[NL2-NL10] Fold KK with Aces on the board is too pussy?

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Here I felt (after his open raise) that he got an Ace. Also, I check the turn with this thought but did I was right?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($2.04)
      BB ($5.63)
      UTG ($1.02)
      CO ($1.90)
      BTN ($1.35)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.09, BTN calls $0.09, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, CO calls $0.11, BTN calls $0.11

FLOP ($0.64) A:club: 9:spade: A:spade:

Hero bets $0.32, CO calls $0.32, BTN folds

TURN ($1.28) A:club: 9:spade: A:spade: 3:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.64, Hero folds

CO wins $1.20

How I should play really this hand?
      Thx :heart:
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kiromanAAKK,

Preflop: Way too small raise, you are giving perfect odds for them to Call with any2 cards. I'd do it like $0,45 for those all calls and being OOP.

As played
      Postflop: While he is capable of going broke there with a lot worse PPs I'd likely go there broke. But of course make a bigger raise preflop and would be much easier to play postflop.

Best regards.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Hi Coach,
      but we dont reccomand to bet always the some amount to do not become exploitable in our range pre-flop?

Also, why by bet bigger pre-flop we play better after? ... and, do we want encourage opponents to call us when we hold a monster (like KK)? TY
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      but we dont reccomand to bet always the some amount to do not become exploitable in our range pre-flop?

Yeah, near the same amount and I would likely do with any hand if I am 3betting there.

Also, why by bet bigger pre-flop we play better after? ... and, do we want encourage opponents to call us when we hold a monster (like KK)? TY

The main idea is to force the opponent to make mistakes by Calling our raise preflop not giving them good odds to Call with hands like 76s or whatsoever and as well get value from weaker pairs.