Few questions on HEM

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Is there a way to import Notes I have on Players in PT3 to HEM?

How do I get my HUD to get the stats displayed from different databases?

How do I save the layout of the HUD on the table so that I don't have to reorganize it every time I open a table?

Thanks
  • 10 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      1. Did you try Options/Notes/Import notes/From PokerStars? (or party.. I don't know your site, I assumed Stars)

2. HEM only uses one DB, to my knowledge. However, I admit I can be wrong, I've been using PT3 for years and have only just (this week) been working with a HEM trial.

3. Did you check the HUD options/Seating prefs?

Hope these help. These kind of questions would likely be much more quickly (and accurately) answered on the HEM site, I'd bet.

Run Good!
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Velak
      1. Did you try Options/Notes/Import notes/From PokerStars? (or party.. I don't know your site, I assumed Stars)
      I want to import the notes from PT3 not from the sites themselves.

3. Did you check the HUD options/Seating prefs?
      Not really sure what this does

Hope these help. These kind of questions would likely be much more quickly (and accurately) answered on the HEM site, I'd bet.
      That's what I thought but:

quickly: not
      accurately: don't know yet

Thanks!
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      1. we have no import function for PT3 notes. The only thing you can try is to import the complete PT3 database via File->Import PT3 database into a Holdemmanager database. Then you can export the notes from this HM database and import them into your active holdemmanager database (if you have different ones)

2. HM only supports one active database. There is no reason for organizing hands in different databases like it was introduced in PT2 (because of performance problems).

3. configure the preferred seating of your Pokerclient and the seating preferences in HM accordingly
      * open one Table, play at least one hand
      * move the stats with the right mouse key to the correct positions
      * Table manager -> Table -> Save positions
      * Now you can open further tables but you will always have to play at least one hand for the stats being moved to the correct positions.

See our preferred seating FAQ:
      http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/Preferred+Seating
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi Netsrak,

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by netsrak
      1. we have no import function for PT3 notes. The only thing you can try is to import the complete PT3 database via File->Import PT3 database into a Holdemmanager database.
      I am using v 1.11.06c which is I think the latest version and when I click on File I have :
      Open new HM window
      Back up and Restore
      Exit

I don't seem to have the import PT3 database feature. :(

EDIT: I do have my PT3 notes on a .xml file

Originally posted by netsrak
      2. HM only supports one active database. There is no reason for organizing hands in different databases like it was introduced in PT2 (because of performance problems).
      OK.
      This leads to another question:
      I am importing something like 80,000 hands a day in the database. In PT3 I used to vaccum, clear cache and reindex the database I am importing the hands into after each import (each day). Because I had different small databases it wasn't taking too long. I guess if I have only one databse in HEM now (which will contain several millions of hands) the database housekeeping will take long. How often would you recommend to housekeep the database if I import 80k hands a day?

Thanks
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      You only see the PT3 Import function if PT3 is installed on the same computer.

Housekeeping: you should purge the hands once a week and after this run a vacuum/full and a reindex via pgadmin
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I have both PT3 and HEM installed on the same computer.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      1. Please close HM
      2. navigate to the config subfolder in your holdemmanager installation path and create a backup copy of the file holdemmanager.config
      3. open holdemmanager.config in a texteditor like notepad
      4. naviagate to the following line (nearly at the bottom of the file):
      <setting name="DisplayPT3Conversion">False</setting>
      5. change the False to True
      6. Save and close the file and restart HM
      7. Now you should see the option
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I changed holdemmanager.config.

I imported the db from PT3 with the notes but I don't know where the imported database is, it is not listed when I open database management.

But the notes are now in my HEM Default database! SO the problem is solved! AS if HEM recognized that the PT3 database that I was trying to import was the same as the HEM default one.

Just for future references, when I import a PT3 database where is it imported?Shouldnt I see it listed in the database management?

Also 2 more questions:
      1 Shouldn't I see all the PT3 databases in the database management in HEM?
      2 Can I play Poker with my HUD while importing hands/housekeeping database?
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      - I assumed the PT3 import would go into a new databse but as you explain it it seems to go into the current active (default) holdemmanager database.

- PT3 databases are not displayed in the HM database management - only HM databases. To see all databases you need to use pgadminIII

- Hud while importing mined hands? This will not work
      - Hud while purging etc? This will not work.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Thanks, much appreciated.