accidentally in a PLO game

• saxtino
      saxtino
      Bronze
      Only know NLHE! I'm fine with Pot Limit but only know the very very basic rules of Omaha. Any quick tips? Not out of BRM or anything but a chance at winning would be nice. 6-handed SNG btw.
  • 5 replies
    • saxtino
      saxtino
      Bronze
      nvm, came fourth.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Hey, try to win! Try to win!

Damn, too late...
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      emm AAXX has the same chance of winning in omaha like Q8 does in texas :D
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      actually thats not true.

AAxx is a solid favourite vs any high card combination preflop. the problem is you have to have the oppertunity to put at least 35% of your stack in preflop to make it profitable to play weak AAxx type hands.

If you have strong (eg AAKQsinglesuit+) or Premium (eg AAJTdoublesuit) you can do it with as little as 20% of your stack in pre.

otherwise you are force to flat and evaluate your equity on later streets.

AAxx is also a favourite vs any but the most premium of rundowns afaik.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      I was hardly meaning its literely the same as Q8 all I'm saying is the NOOB's to PLO always play AAXX or KKxx sometimes even QQXX and JJXX they play it as if its AA in texas, in a 6max game there is no point going crazy with these hands as your not a huge favourite, IMO double suited wraps are the best hand for example K :heart: Q :heart: J :club: 10 :club: YUMMMMMM YUMMMMMM