This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Sh Nl10 Kk

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

saw flop|saw showdown

SB ($2.85)
      BB ($4.80)
      UTG ($7.85)
      Hero ($19.25)
      Button ($12.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, K.
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.4, Button calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 4, A, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.7, Button calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero ?.

I dont think theres any point in playing bet/fold here instead of check/fold here since the Ace is absolutely in his callingrange, and the only possible holding he might have that I have beat is a J (hes capable of calling at least the flop with that), but I dont think it makes up for it right?
  • 5 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Check/fold the turn. Like you said, all you can beat is the J, and possibly KQ/KT, but those are unlikely. I think you could bet something like 0.60 on the flop, it works just as well to take down the pot. but for 10 cents, I'm just being picky ;)
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I would suggest not to check/fold every time here, especially not on 5handed, as people will float alot more against you if you do this every time. For that reason I many times bet/fold turn here, I still have some fold equity against A with weak kicker. it depends a lot from opponent weather to bet/fold or check/fold imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      With 5-handed I would bet/fold turn. Too many players calls flop with Jx.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      If I see him calling many c-bets, I make a second barrel. Against a more straight-forward hit-or-fold player, I'd play c/f. It really depends on the player, but I would more often second barrel than playing c/f.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah ok, thanks guys, I will keep that in mind :)