This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH KJ flopped trips and get donked

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Any advice here is good. I'm pretty sure I played this badly and should be raising the turn or getting it in on the river. Thoughts?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5.69
      Hero:
      $4.83
      BU:
      $13.46

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , J:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.20, BU calls $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.62) J:heart: , J:club: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, BU folds.

Turn: ($1.12) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95.

River: ($3.02) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.8, Hero calls $1.80.

Final Pot: $6.62
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Turn looks really safe and he bets strongly so just calling here is also an option.

River shove is a must I think. Leading out three times looks very strong but I would raise-shove here and make notes if he played that way with 77+ or maybe fullhouse...

(he got JT right?)
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      44, and donked out with the FH. really strange line. I should really raise the turn I'm aware of that, but when I call the turn, I'm SUPER surprised to see him also bet the river, thats why i decide just to call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

That's pretty sick spot, although I guess shipping the river is an option as well, sometimes he might even slowplay some higher overpairs there and as well has a lot of worse Jx type of hands in his range.

And about the raise on turn it ain't a must, you can easily just Call it and try shipping on river.

Best regards.