[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH KJs TP+FD vs massive overshove on flop

• Meemawuk
      Really confused here. I flop TP + FD and make a standard c-bet and he massively overshoves. I really dont think he does this with JJ/88/33 he might have something like 9T or Ax clubs. I figure IF I'm behind I have a lot of outs but I can easily also be ahead. Thought on this hand?

Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:club: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) J:heart: , 8:club: , 3:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.3, BB raises to $3.81 (All-In), Hero calls $3.51.

Turn: ($8.04) T:diamond:
      River: ($8.04) 9:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.04

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Kc Jc)
      BB shows (Kd 5d)

Hero wins with a pair of jacks (Kc Jc)
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Against this kind of player (despite small number of hands) I'm going broke. Sometimes they do show J8 or J3 but almost never sets or AJ.

If you don't have history, fold is also ok against unknown. It's too expensive to see every time players make plays like this. But after seeing this play I would go broke next time even with TPGK like QJ :)
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

Good assumptions, usually they aren't shoving here with the nuts anyways, rather some kind of draw type of hand or maybe the TP type of hand. Although even against any hand which is ahead we still have a lot of outs, therefore I am as well Calling the non-senseless shove. Nice hand! And of course he ain't even full stack. :)

Best regards.