[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo

• QubaBuba
      Hello Veriz, I've got one more tough hand for you to see. :)

No real reads on villain.. 18/12 over 16 hands. I 3betted his weak 2bb preflop raise, which I believe is standard with AKo, and called his 4bet being aware he's holding something big. Maybe this was time to fold?

On the turn I was convinced that he was holding AK (because checked the flop) so I called his cautious bet (not even 1/2 pot).

What do you think?

Thank you very much for your help with my hands.

Full Tilt - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $0.97
      MP+1: $2.31
      Hero (LP): $2.00
      CO: $2.15
      BTN: $0.21
      SB: $6.51
      BB: $2.70
      UTG: $0.94
      UTG+1: $3.38

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, SB calls $0.15, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.55, Hero calls $0.39, fold

Flop: ($1.28, 2 players) 7:spade: 7:diamond: 8:club:
      MP+1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.28, 2 players) 4:spade:
      MP+1 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($2.28, 2 players) 2:spade:
      MP+1 checks, Hero checks
      MP+1 shows A:club: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Sevens) (PreFlop 94%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%) Hero mucks K:spade: A:heart: (One Pair, Sevens) (PreFlop 6%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%) MP+1 wins $2.13
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      When he miniraises and then 4bets his range is KK,AA (not even QQ). It's very hard to lay it down but this kind of plays are usually very strong.

Other than that.

Flop c-c is ok.

Turn bet is smallish but pot gets bigger and there are no rivers we like (considering his range we have less than 6 outs) so we should just fold it there.

Make a note about him and take advantage of his passive play when you get your flush next time :)
    • veriz
      Hello QubaBuba,

Preflop: Rather just fold to such min-4bet, they are usually pretty strong and they are just inviting you to Call. Even if we hit our K, we will never where we stand. Of course we are getting somewhat good odds but usually I would still just fold it against his line. It's almost the same as limp/raise.

As played
      Postflop: Guess not much to do, rather would just give it up on turn than Call, I don't think that he is betting the AK anyways there while he didn't CBet the flop.

Best regards.