fold, fold, CO raises to $0.16, fold, SB calls $0.14, Hero calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.48) 4:club: 8:heart: J:club:

SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.36, SB calls $0.36, Hero calls $0.36

TURN ($1.56) 4:club: 8:heart: J:club: 4:diamond:

SB bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48, CO folds

RIVER ($2.52) 4:club: 8:heart: J:club: 4:diamond: 2:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

wins $2.36

CO was solid player but I see him c-betting frequently and since sb (43/10/5,9) is in the pot I decided to come in.

Turn bet looks like block bet but I couldn't raise him because I have co behind me. I'm not sure what line is correct? When I call turn and co folds I decided to call any no :club: card except 8 and Q. When he checks to me is this good spot for betting for value? At that time I was afraid of J but analysing it now I see him shoving with any J or 4, probably also with 99.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Flop: Depends what kind of CBet the guy has, maybe I would fold it on flop since often time CBetting into multiway pot is a lot stronger and as well even the SB decides to Call as well.

As played
      Turn: As you Called on flop then the board didn't change much and should have the same plan as on flop.
      River: I guess I would just take the free showdown and skip the thin value, and as well we get to see his hand, maybe some kind of good read for future. Of course most of the time they would ship it with some Jx type of hand but as well sometimes they tend to just Check on river as well with them since they are scared of some bigger Jx.

Best regards.