[NL2-NL10] Nl5 JJ in BB bad fold on the flop?

• ppedrin
      ppedrin
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.85)
      BB ($3.79)
      UTG ($19.28)
      UTG+1 ($1.77)
      UTG+2 ($5.23)
      MP1 ($8.02)
      Hero ($6.67)
      BTN ($3)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, SB calls $0.14, BB raises to $0.55, Hero calls $0.39, SB calls $0.39

FLOP ($1.65) 9:heart: 6:diamond: 9:spade:

SB checks, BB bets $1.18, Hero folds, SB folds

BB wins $1.54

Villain stats: 44/20 in 43 hands; agg=1.
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      It looks like squeeze play.

If you're folding this flop on what board would you go broke? If I'm calling preflop with JJ I'm usually going broke on this kind of flop (against 44/20 guy).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ppedrin,

Preflop: Depends a lot on the opponent, how loose he is doing his 3bets in this case. If he has somewhat raising a lot then I might even consider going broke or either Calling should be fine as well. Although when he rather doesn't 3bet that often and is nitty with them then I might even just fold the hand directly.
      Postflop: With the AF there is not much to do, we rather have to know what's his CBet here. Although while having not that many hands on him I might even not base on that, although at least knowing some of his CBet might give small overview of his frequency but as I Called it preflop against his stack I am more often as well even shipping it, why do you even Call in first place preflop against his stack, rather ship it or just fold it.

Best regards.