[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AK Strange line

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I really have no idea what he's doing here. I raise preflop and he plays donk, bet, bet. I should probably be folding somewhere but I'm not sure why. Any thoughts?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.91
      Hero:
      $7.12

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:heart: , 9:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.35) 9:spade: , 5:spade: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.65) 6:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.31, Hero calls $0.31.

River: ($1.27) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.6, Hero calls $0.60.

Final Pot: $2.47

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, nines and threes (Th 9c)
      SB shows (Ah 4h)

Hero wins with two-pair, nines and threes (Th 9c)
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop play is fine. If you have loose player in blinds you should play a bit more cautiosly.

Flop: My first thought was to raise. When I think about it I think just calling is better. If he has FD and doesn't hit the turn we can take it there. With raising on the flop, we can't continue if he re-raises us. We definitely don't want to play for stack with our hand.

Turn: It looks like block bet but despite that I think just calling is better than raising here.

River: Great card for us. I wouldn't get out of line so calling him again is the best here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Nah, I don't think that I would fold here for the given odds or either against that kind of aggressive opponent. Rather say nice hand.

And I guess double-post. Posted the wrong hand. :D But just post new one, I will take a look at it.

Best regards.