This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AK Strange line

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I really have no idea what he's doing here. I raise preflop and he plays donk, bet, bet. I should probably be folding somewhere but I'm not sure why. Any thoughts?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.91
      Hero:
      $7.12

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:heart: , 9:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.35) 9:spade: , 5:spade: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.65) 6:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.31, Hero calls $0.31.

River: ($1.27) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.6, Hero calls $0.60.

Final Pot: $2.47

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, nines and threes (Th 9c)
      SB shows (Ah 4h)

Hero wins with two-pair, nines and threes (Th 9c)
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop play is fine. If you have loose player in blinds you should play a bit more cautiosly.

Flop: My first thought was to raise. When I think about it I think just calling is better. If he has FD and doesn't hit the turn we can take it there. With raising on the flop, we can't continue if he re-raises us. We definitely don't want to play for stack with our hand.

Turn: It looks like block bet but despite that I think just calling is better than raising here.

River: Great card for us. I wouldn't get out of line so calling him again is the best here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Nah, I don't think that I would fold here for the given odds or either against that kind of aggressive opponent. Rather say nice hand.

And I guess double-post. Posted the wrong hand. :D But just post new one, I will take a look at it.

Best regards.