[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Sh Ak

• Meemawuk
      When he calls my flop raise I realise Ive isolated mysef against the top of his range so decide to check back on the turn for pot control planning to call if he bets the river, or bet for value if he checks. Is my line okay?

Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.47) A:club: , Q:heart: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, MP2 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.97) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.97) 8:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.5, Hero calls $1.50.

Final Pot: $4.97

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows two-pair, aces and eights (Ad 8d)
      Hero shows (As Kd)

MP2 wins with two-pair, aces and eights (Ad 8d)
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Raise 5bb preflop.

Flop: His block bet should be raised. When he calls you on this kind of dry flop we can be afraid of AQ.

Turn: I would fire on this turn though. He might call us with AT or AJ. When we bet on turn - sth like $1,20 - we're also thinking that he checks the river to us and we have possibility to check behind if ugly river comes.
      If however he c/r on turn, I'm folding it if I don't have reads on him.

River: His bet/call looks very strong when he bets big on the river. I would however also call him.

I see the biggest mistake not betting the turn and giving yourself more options.
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Raise to $0,25 because of one limper.
      Flop: With your raise, do you as well plan to go broke here? Sometimes I might even just Call it and let him continue his bluffs while has been pretty aggressive according to his stats. Although raising for value is an option as well.

As played
      Turn: While he has only like $2,51 left then we can like never Bet/Fold here, therefore as you went for raise on flop this means that you wanting to go as well broke, therefore bet the turn and ship it on river.

As played if turn was Checked behind
      River: Can't really find a fold while you picked such a line on flop and as well with the Check behind on turn, while you somewhat induced him to bluff.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Thanks! In these spots I much prefer to just call on the flop. My hand then becomes much easier to play and I think I can get his stack in anyway.