UTG ($1.53)
      Hero ($1.82)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      MP1 ($2.16)
      MP2 ($5)
      CO ($3.75)
      BTN ($6.13)

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: 8:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.32) 9:diamond: T:diamond: 8:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

TURN ($0.72) 9:diamond: T:diamond: 8:club: 4:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, BB calls $0.45

RIVER ($1.62) 9:diamond: T:diamond: 8:club: 4:club: 7:diamond:

BB bets $1.20 (AI), Hero?

Villain stats,

Hi,

On the River, FD and SD completed. Did I made a right fold on the river?
      I think I should bet pot size on Turn to protect my hand against FD,SD.
      Thank you for any advice. :)
  • 5 replies
    • random3
      random3
      Bronze
      Preflop is a bit loose, you should probably let it go in EP, atleast according to chart.

Anyway as played, on flop its very likely you have the best hand, bet more to protect it. I would bet atleast 3/4 of the pot, so 0.24 or even a bit more.

Relatively safe card comes on turn, bet to protect again. You didnt bet too little on turn, but I think villain will call you even if you bet a bit more, so I would bet around 0.50.

River comes, flush completes as well as straights with a J in his hand, or a 6 for gutshot. If it was non-diamond 7 I think it would be an easy call, but as it is I think you did the right thing with your fold.

Maybe I bigger bet on flop and turn would make this an easy call on the river if there was less then 1/2 psb remaining.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hi random3, :)

Occasional, I will open raise with small poker pairs to balance my bluff range because people in rush table is very tight. :D
      If we get caller, we may Flop nicely like set and cbet (bluff) on Axx, Kxx broad if we miss.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Occasional, I will open raise with small poker pairs to balance my bluff range because people in rush table is very tight. :D
      ?( This does not make sense. Balance on microstakes? balance your bluff range on microstakes? I hope you are not levelling yourself because average joe on your limit is just looking at his 7:h2 and quickfolds -> next hand Rush

Anyways I bet $0.25 or pot on the Flop with a bigger bet on the Turn. you have to protect your hand by betting bigger!

Do you think Villain shoves worse on the River than your set of eights?
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Thank you for your advice.
      Gerv, which limit you think you can balance you bluff range in rush poker?
      NL50 and above? Thanks.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      $1/$2+ but still it really depends