[NL2-NL10] AQ OoP in multi-way pot with FD

• Dawidas888
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 raises to $0.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.55) 6, K, 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($3.15) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50.

River: ($6.15) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50.

I think my lines on flop and turn were correct - I call with implied odds and bet turn to fold out random AT-AQ and maybe some PP. Not sure if my thinking is correct. Please comment.

On the river I think I made a bad call, since only missed FD may bluff and vs. his value range (AK, KK, AA, sets) I am beat. Would c/f be the best line on the river?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      You should c/r flop, since it balance your c/r range if you have there 66/22 and he might easily fold to your c/r his medium pp-s, like QQ-77 or fold turn his Kx hands
      As played: betting turn is fine, although with AQ high you can also call again since you´re ahead his air, but since he might easily fold his 6x, 7x hands you can also bet out yourself
      After you hit your tp you can´t really c/f, so I like c/c to induce bet from missed draws and bluffs
    • veriz
      Hello Dawidas888,

Preflop: I guess you can even 3bet here, although Calling ain't like a big mistake.
      Flop: Check/Raise is somewhat reasonable but it's hard for us to Call an all-in, therefore I might just take the implied odds in multiway pot and Check/Call, sometimes it might be even possible to donk it against various opponents.
      Turn: If you are donking here then I wouldn't show my hand with the donk size here, rather make a normal donk like at least $2.
      River: I guess I would just my own block-bet/fold here like $3 while he might just Check behind his Kx type of hands but while he could pay us. I am not really big fan of Check/Call since he ain't going to bet with a lot worse hands here anyways, mostly it's for value, therefore rather Check/Fold.

Best regards.