This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ OoP in multi-way pot with FD

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $7.41
      MP3:
      $19.73
      CO:
      $5.12
      BU:
      $12.57
      SB:
      $13.06
      BB (Hero):
      $10.20
      UTG1:
      $7.30
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $10.29

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 raises to $0.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.55) 6, K, 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($3.15) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50.

River: ($6.15) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50.

------------------

I think my lines on flop and turn were correct - I call with implied odds and bet turn to fold out random AT-AQ and maybe some PP. Not sure if my thinking is correct. Please comment.

-----------------

On the river I think I made a bad call, since only missed FD may bluff and vs. his value range (AK, KK, AA, sets) I am beat. Would c/f be the best line on the river?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You should c/r flop, since it balance your c/r range if you have there 66/22 and he might easily fold to your c/r his medium pp-s, like QQ-77 or fold turn his Kx hands
      As played: betting turn is fine, although with AQ high you can also call again since you´re ahead his air, but since he might easily fold his 6x, 7x hands you can also bet out yourself
      After you hit your tp you can´t really c/f, so I like c/c to induce bet from missed draws and bluffs
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dawidas888,

Preflop: I guess you can even 3bet here, although Calling ain't like a big mistake.
      Flop: Check/Raise is somewhat reasonable but it's hard for us to Call an all-in, therefore I might just take the implied odds in multiway pot and Check/Call, sometimes it might be even possible to donk it against various opponents.
      Turn: If you are donking here then I wouldn't show my hand with the donk size here, rather make a normal donk like at least $2.
      River: I guess I would just my own block-bet/fold here like $3 while he might just Check behind his Kx type of hands but while he could pay us. I am not really big fan of Check/Call since he ain't going to bet with a lot worse hands here anyways, mostly it's for value, therefore rather Check/Fold.

Best regards.