This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Quarter-tabling

• fembot26
      fembot26
      Bronze
      With all the gamblero multi-tabling that goes on around here, I thought I'd like to propose something a bit more sedate, a bit more laid-back - an option for those players who like me are old, infirm, and liable to fall asleep during a hand: quarter-tabling. Instead of playing twenty tables at once, you don't even play one - you're dealt just one hand out of every four. Or every seven, or every twenty-three. Whatever you can handle. You don't care about rake-back; you have no intention of working like a dog to clear some minuscule bonus; you just want time to read the paper and play a hand of poker every once in a while.

I know PokerStars and Full Tilt will be beating down my door to be the first to introduce Fractional-Tabling, but I can't be arsed applying for a patent.

My second breakthrough concept is the antidote to Rush tournaments, whereby the entire tournament is played hand-for-hand, except on the bubble where street-for-street play begins. On the final-table bubble, of course, decision-for-decision play would commence. I call it Gridlock Poker. A tight strategy is advised, as ultra-loose play would predominate in the hope of being eliminated as early as possible.
  • 3 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Christ, someone needs to lay off the liqueur choccies! :f_p:
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Well when you play rush poker you can just sit out after a hand. So you can play a hand sit out and 3 mins later click "deal me in" and instantly another hand
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      my mom is slightly over 60. Pokerstrategist. She can play 18 tabs with eyes being closed :s_biggrin:

I do like tho another approach 4-5 tabs, reading, surfing the web and also listening to something sweet like De La Soul..

Actually I was one of those who invented slowplaying every single hand on stars for 2-3 hours str8 from the start of the tournament. I am proud of this invention. Put even some of the better opponents on tilt :) )