This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - JJ overpair

• jockel80
      jockel80
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,94
      BU:
      $1,95

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:club:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0,08, SB folds, Hero calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,17) 8:spade: , 7:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,12, BU raises to $0,24, Hero calls $0,12.

Turn: ($0,65) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,46, Hero calls $0,46.

River: ($1,57) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,12, Hero calls $1,12.

Final Pot: $3,81

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows three-of-a-kind, sevens (Ah 7s)
      Hero shows (Jh Jc)

BU wins with three-of-a-kind, sevens (Ah 7s)

I know this was kind of braindead play (I thought for some reason he was bluffing). But when do I give up such a hand? I think on the turn, because my call on the flop indicates that I do have something. So he would probably stop bluffing on the turn.

Many thanks in advance,
      jockel80
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jockel80,

Preflop: Why not 3bet here against his stealing range?

As played
      Flop: I'd rather just let him continue with his CBets which has a lot of bluffs in his range while he could just fold them to our donk-bet. And yes, likely would as well Call the min-raise and reevaluate it on further streets.

As played if flop was donked
      Turn: Guess if I called the flop then as well Calling the turn since it didn't change that much. Although I will keep my eye on his bet sizing on river.
      River: And I guess I would just fold it here since I don't really see many hands what we beat, only reasonable hand is like some draw Tx although even with it I am not really sure if he is betting that big for value.

Best regards.