The MB Bank verification

• hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Hello ,
      I recently made a MB acc and since I had Maestro card ( not permitted for transactions in my country) , I decided to use my bank account .
      I wrote it and they said that they are going to send me some kind of a message with a code on my bank acc with a dummy deposit or sth. I'm not aware of this stuff .(after 3 days) I went to my Bank and told them about that and they said that nothing from MB has arrived and there is no change in my bank acc value ( I could have mistyped the number of it too :f_confused: ).The bank service seemed as if they hear for 1st time of such MB code .
      I wanted to ask MB about that but their support is only with answers on FAQ's and I can't find this specific one.I don't know where to write them in order to receive answer made from actual person.
      So please tell me the story of this code , or tommorow I will just apply for Visa/Mastercard.
  • 7 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi hohoho321,

I think you probably mean the verification code after registering for a Moneybookers account?

They will send it to your registered address, once you received it you will need to return to your Moneybookers profile page where you'll have the option to enter the code in order to continue.

Can you read the email again see if you missed any information regarding this?

Unfortunately, I am not sure we can provide you with correct answer because haven't seen the email they provided you with and I've looked in FAQ as well but didn't find anything in relation to your original post/question.

Can you please let me know how you getting along with this?
      Ingrid
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Ok so here is what I did :
      I registered in MB , I verified my e-mail adress and then I dediced to use my Bank account as a payment method . I chose my Bank , wrote the number of the acc which I have ( but I didn't checked it , so I could have mistyped a number ) . Then the page refreshed and this message was there :

You will receive a verification code in the reference field of a dummy deposit to the following account:

"My name"
      SG Expressbank
      4009xxxx

I don't understand where is this reference field or what a dummy deposit or how to find it. I don't know why I would receive them on that 4009xxxx acc ( not the number of my Bank acc ),nor have I got such acc. .My bank employees did't help me that much too , as they haven't had similar cases.

I'm sure that anyone who passed this procedure will be able to help me .

However I will go to start the procedure of making myself a VISA/Master card which I suppose are easier for the opperations .

And if I really had misstyped any number i would feel very dummy :f_confused: . And I don't know how to check if I did because even I can see only the last 3 numbers . Would you reccomend starting it all over again ?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi again,

I actually gone through the process and here is what I can help you with. :]
      This is an automatic email I've received, have you got something similar?

"This email confirms that we have now debited a random amount between 1.01 and 2.99 EUR from your credit/debit card. You must complete the following steps to verify your credit/debit card:

- Check your statement for the exact EUR transaction amount. NOTE: If you have access to online statements, your issuer may take a few days to update them with this transaction.
      - Log into your Moneybookers account and click the 'verify' link next to your credit/debit card in your profile * Insert the debited amount in the box provided.
      - As soon as you complete the above procedure, you will be able to use this credit/debit card to make payments of up to xxx.00 EUR per 60 days with Moneybookers."

was this any help?
      Ingrid
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Well actually no but it's not a big problem .

What you did is to verify your credit/debit card , not your bank account :|
      But this whole bank acc stuff is not a big problem , I will just make credit/debit card too and then I will receive the same msg as you now and that is all .

Thank you for the support anyways ;)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      Hi Hohoho321

Not 100% sure but I believe that it will be the code in the transaction description that will appear in your statement. they will make a tiny deposit on your bank account and you need to give them the code that will appear in the description

Regards

Thazar
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Hi Hohoho321

Not 100% sure but I believe that it will be the code in the transaction description that will appear in your statement. they will make a tiny deposit on your bank account and you need to give them the code that will appear in the description

Regards

Thazar
      Hi, I think/hope you can help me.

For my country, Honduras, Moneybookers has 2 withdrawal options:
      1. Check (takes too long and is more expensive)
      2. Swift Bank Transfer

So I'm thinking of adding a bank account to MB, but I have some questions:
      A. Will my bank charge me a fee when MB transfers the money to them? (MB --> Bank, fee?)
      B. How long does a SWIFT transfer from MB to my verified bank take aprox.? (MB --> Bank, days?)
      C. Do banks sometimes reject/block deposits from "gambling" sites?
      D. Will I have to pay taxes in my country because of the money coming from "gambling"?

Thnx in advance...
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi TheBrood,

Because of the complexity of your questions, we would rather ask you to write an email to Moneybookers and they'll be able to help you further on.

You can contact them here

You can also see their FAQ which shall help you to get answers for the above questions.

Ingrid