Is it safe to leave funds here

• breena
      breena
      Bronze
      I was just about to offload some funds into my moneybookers account rather than leaving it on different pokersites as I thought it would be safer.

The main reason for this is Ive been reading alot of threads about people having their accounts closed and/or money seized so just thought I would put it in moneybookers where I was thinking it would be safer.

So I was about to deposit when I came accross the terms & conditions which look slightly worrying "if Moneybookers Ltd. becomes insolvent you may lose the funds stored in your account."

I know the whole world is going through bad times with the economy and stuff so I suppose there is a high chance this could happen is our money even safe on these smaller poker rooms for example.

I am fairly new to Moneybookers as it looked ideal for doing some traveling with their card an all. I was going to start using it rather than my bank account but now I am starting to wonder if this is a good idea.
  • 4 replies
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      basicly it's as safe as your bank. Bank crashes, your money is gone. MB crashes, same thing.
    • extpan
      extpan
      Gold
      Originally posted by L3ST
      basicly it's as safe as your bank. Bank crashes, your money is gone. MB crashes, same thing.
      ...most country have gurantee return for about cca. 80 000$ for any bank account :) don't know for MB :P
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Originally posted by L3ST
      +1

Read your brick & mortar bank's T&C and you'll find the exact same thing.
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Hmmm Im not so sure about that, Ive had money scammed from my account before and got that back ok through some kind of insurance that the bank has. It looks very dodgy to me :s_cry: