[NL2-NL10] NL10 2Ts on BU

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Pre-flop: The players on the blinds were tight and haven´t defended their blinds so far, therefore I am stealing so lightly here.

Flop: Q is not probable, A is possible, but I still have the flushdraw. I also think he could have been trying this with some kind of pocket pair as well.

As played ok ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $13.05
      UTG2:
      $5.13
      MP1:
      $10.15
      MP2:
      $9.85
      MP3:
      $10.30
      CO:
      $18.46
      BU (Hero):
      $10.44
      SB:
      $9.75

Preflop: Hero is BU with 2, T.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) Q, Q, A (2 players)
      BB bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.75) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.75.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

How would have to played postflop if you wouldn't hit the flushdraw there? Although as played should be fine, he usually is giving up there rather then going for a Check/Call, since often times they tend to bet themselves with Ax since they want to protect.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

How would have to played postflop if you wouldn't hit the flushdraw there?

Best regards.
      Sorry, I don´t really understand this sentence. Do you mean what I would do if I didn´t hit the flush draw ? Well, my main aim was to collect the blinds preflop, but if called, I´d cbet good boards for sure and maybe raise or float some donk-bets depending on the size. Ofc I´d fold on the flop if I´d face some strong donk- bet on the flop and had no way to improve.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123

Best regards.
      Sorry, I don´t really understand this sentence. Do you mean what I would do if I didn´t hit the flush draw ? Well, my main aim was to collect the blinds preflop, but if called, I´d cbet good boards for sure and maybe raise or float some donk-bets depending on the size. Ofc I´d fold on the flop if I´d face some strong donk- bet on the flop and had no way to improve.
      Somewhat what I wanted to ask but likely for example there was just QQA and not the flushdraw in it.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold

Best regards.
      Somewhat what I wanted to ask but likely for example there was just QQA and not the flushdraw in it.
      Then I´d cbet if he checked to me and likely fold to the donk. Because I think he is either having A, Q, or some kind of pocket pair and without FD I have no equity to improve my hand, but with FD I can still win, and I don´t think he is checking turn with A or Q. That´s why I decided to take it down here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, that's likely what I wanted to hear, just wanted to make sure how you would play the hand if you wouldn't hit. And as well it's pretty close even to raise such hands from BU unless they blinds are really nitty.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      And as well it's pretty close even to raise such hands from BU unless they blinds are really nitty.
      That´s how I learn :D . I find myself reading some articles, watching some videos and then I go: "Ye, I got it." and sit at the tables - try it - it doesn´t work - I post some hands and find out that what I did was actually terrible - and then I finally realise that I misunderstood all the concepts in the articles/videos that I read/saw and that I thought I understood so I review/reread everything again and try it again. This time I make fewer mistakes. And so on. :) (probably its just me being that dumb and everybody else understands everything immediatelly :) )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      And as well it's pretty close even to raise such hands from BU unless they blinds are really nitty.
      That´s how I learn :D . I find myself reading some articles, watching some videos and then I go: "Ye, I got it." and sit at the tables - try it - it doesn´t work - I post some hands and find out that what I did was actually terrible - and then I finally realise that I misunderstood all the concepts in the articles/videos that I read/saw and that I thought I understood so I review/reread everything again and try it again. This time I make fewer mistakes. And so on. :) (probably its just me being that dumb and everybody else understands everything immediatelly :) )
      NO WAY! Never think like that, you are just doing very good work here and re-reading articles is a very good idea. I even sometimes re-watch some good videos. :) And I am pretty sure nobody really gets everything immediately, everything comes with time. And in poker you will always continue improving and never like reach the maximum.