[NL2-NL10] NL2- AK- I'm an idiot...

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

in this hand, I play against the same fish than in the JJ hand. Between the hands, I managed to get some reads about him:
      1. he plays nearly every hand,
      2. limp calls with everything,
      3. he doesn't like to fold to C bets agains 1 opponent,
      4. if someone checks to him, he automatically bets full pot (3 or 4 times in a row).
      With these reads, I thought I have 2 options in hands against him- give up on the flop without a solid hit or try to second barrel hoping that for him, the turn is the true flop.

I decided to follow the second strategy (a mistake, because this guy is a total station). After his call on the turn, I still put him on a wide range but decided to give up on the river. Than the board paired for the second time. I didn't put him on QQ+, because sometimes even he raised preflop so I thought, he might had raised those. I thought, only TT, JJ a Q or a 9 can beat me and I was sure if I check, he will bet full pot so I decided to block bet half pot and I thought, he will fold draws and pocket pairs till 88 and he is capable to call with two pairs on the board, K or A kicker.

After I reviewed this hand, I was terrified from my stupidity. Maybe I'm a bigger fish than he.......My question is, what to do against such players....give up every single hand on the flop till I hit despite the fact that he will often have the worst hand?

My PT3 had some issues so I didn't have HUD, but now I managed to find his stats.- WPIP 75 PFR 6.25 AF 1.25 WTSD 22.22 (it's low because he folded often while playing against 3-4 opponents)

Thank you and sorry for the long post.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.01/$0.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

SB ($2.02)
      BB ($2.17)
      MP2 ($2.26)
      MP3 ($0.46)
      CO ($2.32)
      BTN ($2.13)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , K:club:
      1 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, 3 folds,

Flop: Q:diamond: , 9:heart: , Q:spade: ( $0.25 )
      Hero bets $0.15, BTN calls $0.15,

Turn: 7:spade: ( $0.55 )
      Hero bets $0.34, BTN calls $0.34,

River: 9:diamond: ( $1.23 )
      Hero bets $0.66, BTN calls $0.66,
  • 4 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Ye, it may be hard but it´s not worth. Just wait till an overpair or TPGK and valuebet the shit out of him ;) .
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello Acceleration,
      well, a couple of hands later I managed to get him all in preflop. I had KK, he had QQ + one random donk called also with JTo (he overcalled 90bbs with that hand). The turn was a Q.......bad luck but next time I'll get him..... :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

As you said he is a station and doesn't give it up postflop at all in HU pot. Therefore I'd rather just give it up on flop and give the pot away. And yes, sometimes giving up is even the safest play against those kind of players rather than betting and loosing money as well.

Best regards.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ups, double post.