[NL2-NL10] Nl10 99 Sb

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Pre-flop: I think this is mistake since this guy was rather tight and haven´t stolen so far. Maybe calling would be better ?

Flop: Should I give up ? Or is it ok to cbet ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $10.00
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $11.27
      MP2:
      $4.21
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $11.92
      BU:
      $19.00
      SB (Hero):
      $11.04
      BB:
      $13.42

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9.
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.00, BB folds, BU calls $0.65.

Flop: ($2.1) J, 6, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BU raises to $2.60, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.4.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Yeah, against those guys who don't steal that often rather just Call and play postflop against him and hope to hit your set.

As played
      Postflop: Nah, CBetting is still fine, we might still have the best hand, he could easily have any kind of broadway hands, AK/AQ/KQ or whatsoever which is going to fold.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Yeah, against those guys who don't steal that often rather just Call and play postflop against him and hope to hit your set.

As played
      Postflop: Nah, CBetting is still fine, we might still have the best hand, he could easily have any kind of broadway hands, AK/AQ/KQ or whatsoever which is going to fold.

Best regards.
      Ok what would be proper play on the same flop when I´d just call preflop ? Likely to donk or maybe check/call and reevaluate on the turn ?
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Well we have to think what kind of range he can call ur 3bet with, I would guess hes 4betting AKs,KK and AA, so hes prolly calling with TT-QQ, AJs+ maybe.

But his play here is really strange as I can not see a hand that want to get in on flop as a TAG player on this kind of board.

But as played, I like ur flop raise and the size as all A high will fold that called ur 3bet except from AJ maybe.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ok what would be proper play on the same flop when I´d just call preflop ? Likely to donk or maybe check/call and reevaluate on the turn ?

Check/Call likely to let him continue his bluffs or his whole range what he raised preflop.