This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 99 Sb

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Pre-flop: I think this is mistake since this guy was rather tight and haven´t stolen so far. Maybe calling would be better ?

Flop: Should I give up ? Or is it ok to cbet ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $10.00
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $11.27
      MP2:
      $4.21
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $11.92
      BU:
      $19.00
      SB (Hero):
      $11.04
      BB:
      $13.42

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9.
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.00, BB folds, BU calls $0.65.

Flop: ($2.1) J, 6, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BU raises to $2.60, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.4.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Yeah, against those guys who don't steal that often rather just Call and play postflop against him and hope to hit your set.

As played
      Postflop: Nah, CBetting is still fine, we might still have the best hand, he could easily have any kind of broadway hands, AK/AQ/KQ or whatsoever which is going to fold.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Yeah, against those guys who don't steal that often rather just Call and play postflop against him and hope to hit your set.

As played
      Postflop: Nah, CBetting is still fine, we might still have the best hand, he could easily have any kind of broadway hands, AK/AQ/KQ or whatsoever which is going to fold.

Best regards.
      Ok what would be proper play on the same flop when I´d just call preflop ? Likely to donk or maybe check/call and reevaluate on the turn ?
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Well we have to think what kind of range he can call ur 3bet with, I would guess hes 4betting AKs,KK and AA, so hes prolly calling with TT-QQ, AJs+ maybe.

But his play here is really strange as I can not see a hand that want to get in on flop as a TAG player on this kind of board.

But as played, I like ur flop raise and the size as all A high will fold that called ur 3bet except from AJ maybe.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ok what would be proper play on the same flop when I´d just call preflop ? Likely to donk or maybe check/call and reevaluate on the turn ?

Check/Call likely to let him continue his bluffs or his whole range what he raised preflop.