[NL2-NL10] Reraise to a blocking bet? QQ with AJ high board.

• GraveGoods
      Hi, quite new here...

I'm not sure whether I shouldn't have tried the blocking bet on the river and tried checking the hand down, or calling the bet on the river. Was I playing too weak, too strong? And the cbet... standard play?

I didn't have a read on the player I'm afraid. I was multitabling and hadn't picked up anything. Didn't think I could call in the end.

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, 6 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) A:diamond: , J:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, MP1 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.55) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

River: ($1.55) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, MP1 raises to $2.75, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.35

Any help is massively appreciated.

Thank you.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello GraveGoods,

And welcome to the forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. Will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      I would likely CBet it a bit bigger on flop ~$0,50. And as Called I guess I would just give it up, of course he could be floating a lot but as well if we take a look at his WTS which often times indicates a strong hand. And as played the river rather just Check and maybe even will get bluffed from some missed draws.

He could easily take even your small bet as weak hand and therefore decided to raise which even his AF indicates. Although I don't think that I would Call there either, rather fold as you played.

Best regards.