[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo vs min3b pf

• member001
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , K:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, SB raises to $0.16, BB folds, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.34) A:spade: , 8:heart: , 7:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.1, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.54) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, SB raises to $0.52, Hero calls $0.26.

River: ($1.58) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.19 (All-In), Hero calls $0.19.

Final Pot: $1.96

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ac Ks)
      SB shows three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jh Jd)

SB wins with three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jh Jd)

Preflop: I called the minraise because I have position and the pot odds are great, but I'm not sure whether this is correct.
      Flop: I think my call here was fine, because I'm ahead of the range with which he cbets this flop (i.e. almost anything), but few worse hands will call if I raise.
      Turn: I think my bet here was a mistake. It fails the "what is my bet trying to achieve?" test: I will not make any better hands fold, and I probably will not get any worse hands to call. By betting, I will either fold out hands that I beat anyway, or walk into a slowplayed monster. When he minraises I am almost certainly beaten but given the pot size and his remaining stack size, I think I can't get away.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello member001,

Preflop: I guess more often against some kind of maniacs I'd rather just 4bet it and get it in.

As played
      Postflop: Yep, likely not many worse hands will Call your turn bet, although when he is somewhat a station then you can likely bet and maybe even get called from some smaller PPs. Although would be an option as well to Check behind and then try maybe betting the river for value but as played it's totally fine, although I might be more often inclined to fold to the Check/Raise just for the reason that only reasonable hand what we win is like AQ and that's all I guess, while there are a lot of sets/2pair type of hands possible which he is playing this way.

Best regards.