[NL2-NL10] NL4 QQ in CO

• ukwagon
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BU calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 4, 5, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.52, BU calls $0.32.

Turn: ($1.42) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.71, BU calls $0.71.

River: ($2.84) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BU calls $0.90.

Final Pot: $4.64.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Qh Qd).

BU shows a flush, queen high(Qc 4c).

BU wins with a flush, queen high(Qc 4c).

Should my reraise on the flop of been bigger? (maybe $0.70)
      We had some history where I was just checking on the river not knowing where I was and missed out on some value :( he was chasing a lot of straights, so that's what I put him on this time.

I was going to check the river, but if he would of bet out I was still calling anyway.

Is there anything you would of done? his stats was 51/22/0.6 over 37 hands
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      If you want to end hand in 2 streets you can c/r flop bigger to 0.6$ and then shove most turn cards
      As played: you can also shove turn, since you´re pot committed most river cards, so better to get money all-in when you´re likely ahead.
      Since he would check back worse hands that would called your river shove I like betting out river myself. I think you´re not going to c/f anyway against that opponent
    • veriz
      Hello ukwagon,

Flop: I don't even understand why are you Check/Raising here? While he seems to be that passive I would rather bet myself on flop and avoid him Checking behind or whatsoever. And if you are Check/Raising there then I would definitely do it a lot bigger on such a board ~$0,80 maybe even.

As played
      Turn: We could easily even ship it here when the raise would be bigger but not we can't. Or either I don't like the bet of yours, I might even ship it directly here since we don't have much left anyways.

As played if turn was bet smaller
      River: A lot of draws completed, do you expect even him to Call ehre with a lot worse? Flushdraw completed, straightdraw on turn completed. A lot of combos which might even make like 2pairs or either even straight. Therefore I might even just save my money here while I played that passively. Usually that kind of guy wont shove himself here anyways and I would likely Check/Fold and skip the thin value.

Best regards.