This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH]NL50 A4s sb vs bu

• Ico0o
      Ico0o
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($63.02)
      BB ($14.18)
      UTG ($81.38)
      CO ($48.25)
      BTN ($53.01)

Dealt to Hero 4:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, fold, BTN calls $3.50

FLOP ($10.50) 3:spade: 6:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6

TURN ($22.50) 3:spade: 6:diamond: T:diamond: 9:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $16, Hero folds

BTN wins $21.38

Villain - 31/27, steal from BU - 70%, fold to 3b - 88%.

Fold to FCB - 30%, fold to TCB - 100% (2)

Preflop i think this kinda hand is good enought to 3b bluff him.

The flop comes with nut FD for me, and i decide to make standart cbet to fold out any overcards which has some equity.

The turn is blank and i thought that check/shove here will be good enought to make it.
      After he bets 16$, he strongly commited himself into a pot, and i have no odds to call, so without some fold equity i don't think that shove here will be +EV ?
      I mean i havent any fold equity, cuz he bets 16$ on turn and he has 26$ back...
  • 3 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Initially I wanted to say that I would play the same. But how about committing yourself on the turn with another barrel? Cbeting and c/f turn in a 3bet pot is a bit exploitable, villain ca float knowing that any check on the turn is a sign of weakness.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      In general I'd like c/shoving the turn, BUT ... not vs this guy
      88% fold to 3bet is really high, so he almost always has a decent hand when he calls pre and calls flop, so you can assume he'll always be betting big on that turn to protect his hand & obv you have no fold equity.

So I would also like a 2nd barrel here and shove any river.

Though my heart would be really pumping there, coz I'd expect him to
      4bet QQ+ ... and 99-TT has a set ... so the only hand he MIGHT be laying down is JJ :f_biggrin:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Players would b/f that spot their 88 type hands and sometimes he has there just random float with QJ and you get all-in way ahead.
      Either way I´m not going to fold nut flushdraw in 3-bet pot after 3-betting A4s pf