[NL2-NL10] nl10 QQ 4bet pot

• Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      The shortstack was 3betting alot and the other vilain is a complete unknown

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1256715
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $9.49
      Hero (UTG): $14.42
      MP: $15.02
      CO: $5.34
      BTN: $5.75
      SB: $5.20

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with Q :spade: Q :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.35, 3 folds, SB raises to $1, BB calls $0.90, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, BB calls $2

Flop: ($7.00) 5 :club: 9 :diamond: A :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($7.00) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($7.00) A :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero?

What do you think about this spot? Should I bet/shove for value?
  • 8 replies
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      If hes checking 2 streets he probably has nothing + our hand has great showdown value on this board so i would check here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Indahaus,

Of course there are like only few hands which beat us, like KK only which might play this way, while he could still have PPs like TT/JJ and you might even go for a small value there.

Although from my own view I'd say I am even doing the Check behind not only for make it secure rather to take a look at this hand with what he is Calling such raises.

And for conclusion I guess it's not that often the KK unless he was trying to trap preflop. But with them I guess he would still bet like on river or something similar.

Best regards.
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      Ya I'm almost sure I have the best hand here, but I am wondering what he could call 4 bet with and the only hands that comes in mind is JJ or TT. And I think I could get some value from them if I make it something like 3$ or even 2.5. He doesn't look aggressive so I don't think I would often face a shove.

edit: this was a response to Heffron89
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Indahaus,

Of course there are like only few hands which beat us, like KK only which might play this way, while he could still have PPs like TT/JJ and you might even go for a small value there.

Although from my own view I'd say I am even doing the Check behind not only for make it secure rather to take a look at this hand with what he is Calling such raises.

And for conclusion I guess it's not that often the KK unless he was trying to trap preflop. But with them I guess he would still bet like on river or something similar.

Best regards.
      Ya all that makes sence. Thank you for summing it all up.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Indahaus
      Ya I'm almost sure I have the best hand here, but I am wondering what he could call 4 bet with and the only hands that comes in mind is JJ or TT. And I think I could get some value from them if I make it something like 3$ or even 2.5. He doesn't look aggressive so I don't think I would often face a shove.

edit: this was a response to Heffron89
      Hmm its hard and as u said he 3bet alot before.. I think KK will go all in preflop alot here but if he called it he might just be scared of the A on flop, but on the other hand he would prolly raise turn then.

But when he just checks down i feel he just sit with complete air but sometimes he has a pair so a smallish bet can be +ev here :)
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      He wasn't the one who 3bet. And ya as veriz said KK would probably bet on the river.
      And I believe that he always has pp here becouse he called 4bet
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What did he have then? :D
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      Oh yeah I forgot:D he had TT