When the down hits, it hits - 3 (or more) showdowns in a row

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      What a beauty.

I didn't tilt at all after this streak, but hell I think I would have the right to X(

@12:56

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

Hero (SB): $4.03
      BB: $4.94
      UTG: $4.11
      CO: $5.75
      BTN: $4.00

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has J:diamond: T:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, fold, BTN calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.52, 2 players) T:diamond: 3:diamond: 8:club:
      Hero bets $0.32, BTN calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.16, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.72, BTN calls $0.72

River: ($2.60, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.04, Hero calls $1.04

BTN shows J:spade: A:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (PreFlop 71%, Flop 19%, Turn 32%)
      Hero mucks J:diamond: T:club: (Flush, King High) (PreFlop 29%, Flop 81%, Turn 68%)
      BTN wins $4.45

------------------------------------------------

2 minutes later @ 12:58

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (MP): $4.00
      CO: $1.50
      BTN: $4.88
      SB: $4.13
      BB: $5.75
      UTG: $6.13

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04, CO posts DB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.10) Hero has A:heart: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, BTN calls $0.16, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.42, 2 players) J:heart: 6:club: T:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.02, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.72, Hero calls $0.72

River: ($2.46, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero bets $2.82 and is all-in, BTN calls $2.82

Hero shows A:heart: Q:diamond: (Straight, Ace High) (PreFlop 43%, Flop 15%, Turn 77%)
      BTN shows T:club: T:diamond: (Full House, Tens full of Sixes) (PreFlop 57%, Flop 85%, Turn 23%)
      BTN wins $7.70

------------

And 4 minutes later @ 13:02

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

BB: $3.43
      UTG: $5.83
      CO: $4.77
      Hero (BTN): $4.55
      SB: $4.74

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has Q:club: Q:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, fold, fold, CO calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.78, 2 players) 8:spade: 3:spade: 2:spade:
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.52, CO calls $0.52

Turn: ($1.82, 2 players) K:spade:
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.00, CO calls $1.00

River: ($3.82, 2 players) 5:club:
      CO checks, Hero checks

CO shows J:spade: J:club: (Flush, King High) (PreFlop 18%, Flop 42%, Turn 100%)
      Hero mucks Q:club: Q:heart: (One Pair, Queens) (PreFlop 82%, Flop 58%, Turn 0%)
      CO wins $3.63

------------------------------------------------

Just to make clear this is not a whine. On the contrary: I'm glad that after three beats in a row I could keep my head in place and kept playing a decent game - maybe not my best, but still decent. Slowly grinding back, thanks to a good bankroll management and... oh no, wait... #!*#&#,, NOW I'm on tilt :evil:

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players

Hero (BTN): $6.27
      SB: $3.13
      BB: $4.00
      UTG: $5.70

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has A:spade: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26, 2 players) 5:heart: J:diamond: 4:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BB raises to $0.54, Hero calls $0.38

Turn: ($1.34, 2 players) T:spade:
      BB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

River: ($3.74, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      BB bets $2.14 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.14

BB shows 4:club: 4:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Fours) (PreFlop 19%, Flop 89%, Turn 95%)
      Hero shows A:spade: A:club: (One Pair, Aces) (PreFlop 81%, Flop 11%, Turn 5%)
      BB wins $7.62

-----------------------------------------------

And then, of course, this happens:

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: $4.10
      Hero (SB): $10.84
      BB: $4.18
      UTG: $4.48
      MP: $3.05
      CO: $4.42

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has K:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.08, fold, Hero raises to $0.24, BB raises to $0.80, fold, Hero calls $0.56

Flop: ($1.68, 2 players) J:heart: K:heart: T:spade:
      Hero bets $0.84, BB raises to $2.32, Hero raises to $3.80, BB calls $1.06 and is all-in

Turn: ($8.44, 2 players) T:diamond:

River: ($8.44, 2 players) 8:heart:

Hero shows K:spade: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Kings and Tens) (PreFlop 75%, Flop 8%, Turn 13%)
      BB shows Q:spade: A:heart: (Straight, Ace High) (PreFlop 25%, Flop 92%, Turn 88%)
      Hero wins $0.00
      BB wins $8.02

-----------------------------------------------

Oh boy... what a session...

(edited title)
  • 7 replies
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      None of those hands are bad beats, some are really bad played thou like betting in a 4 flush board with just a pair no flush?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      What you want to hear:
      Well played sir! better luck next time :f_cool:

The truth:
      hand 1: don't mind defending the blind with 3bet or flop bet. i like the second barrel too. But calling 3rd nutflush is just bad on that board imo. It's just so incredibly likely he has the nutflush there. Should fold river.

hand 2: ugly board for you. But you were behind preflop, horribly behind on the flop. luckbox the turn.. and get unlucky at the end.. Just cause you were ahead at 1 stage of the hand doesn't make it a badbeat. In fact he deserved to make that fullhouse imo.

hand 3: This is just terrible. You cbet ok that's fine. terrible board however. barreling the turn is just so incredibly bad. Only hands with spades are going to call that flop. Sets/2pairs will try get it in asap. anything else will just give the hand up unless they can't laydown their high pocket pair like you. again.. opponent didn't really do anything wrong.

hand 4: you have to consider what people are reraising you with on the flop. You'll probably see a pair of jacks at worst not wanting you to draw cheap . when he nearly bets potsize on turn it looks like he's not drawing and already has a strong hand and wants to make the draws pay. On the river.. i just don't see what you think you will be ahead of to justify that call. Calling turn isn't even that incredibly bad.. but river is imo.

hand 5: very drawheavy board.. this hits opponents 4bet range very hard and i wouldn't really be that comfortable getting it in with just top pair top kicker. There's alot of draws out there though. It really depends on the player wether it's good to get it in here or very terrible. If an opponent reraises you on a flop like this you should really consider if your top pair is good here most of the time. My guess is.. probably not.

Just my opinion. I'm not a cash game player at all. But i think you made alot of mistakes and have trouble laying down hands on incredibly bad boards for you. You can either flame me or realise you still have alot to learn, that's it's pointless to complain about bad beats and that you should look at what you could have done better in the hand instead.

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      None of those hands are bad beats, some are really bad played thou like betting in a 4 flush board with just a pair no flush?
      My point exactly, my play was getting worse and worse. The last hand is just awful.

In the first one, this villain had 60%+ attempts to steal. So I was happily 3betting him with a wide range and we were getting along very well like that. When I cbet flop and turn I had good odds of being ahead, considering his (almost anything) range.

I don't dislike my bet on turn there. He is throwing off many non-diamond hands. What put me off was calling the river... after he called flop and turn, with that board, I checked and he bet, what could he have? I thought J high was enough to give it a try, since he was playing with air on a regular basis and could very well have sensed weakness on my river check. Finally, his line also could put him on a lower flush.

The second hand was awful, I should have check-raised his ass off on the turn. He would probably call with his set and THEN the 6 on river would be a nice bad beat.

On the third hand, the bet on flop was same as #1. Since he didn't fold, I should have realized I didn't have any FE and let it go when the 4th spade hit of course. But I thought that was the only chance to still win the hand, so I gave it a second try.

On the fourth hand, AA, I could use some help there. I think most beginners have indeed difficulty to fold aces (or kings, for that matter). What should I have done? 4bet the flop and let go to a shove? I don't see how (without a read) letting go at the flop there could be profitable since the villain could be just bluffing my cbet. Or am I wrong?

On the 5th hand I would love some help as well. Should I have shoved instead of called pre flop with AK? Then he would have called with AQ and then I could classify as a bad beat? As played I recon the donkbet as pretty stupid, that was when I ended the session because, well, you can see why :f_frown:

Thanks for your comment(s)
    • blackaces82
      blackaces82
      Bronze
      so very standard...
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      My point exactly, my play was getting worse and worse. The last hand is just awful.
      You post kinda contradicts that. It seemed like a whining post.. You seem to have a good attitude towards poker though.. didn't read your comments about the hands but..

If your really want to improve your game then it's more useful posting the hands in the hand evaluation forum instead.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz

Just my opinion. I'm not a cash game player at all. But i think you made alot of mistakes and have trouble laying down hands on incredibly bad boards for you. You can either flame me or realise you still have alot to learn, that's it's pointless to complain about bad beats and that you should look at what you could have done better in the hand instead.

[/SPOILER]
      Thanks, I appreciated a lot your comments and patient analysis of the hands.

I was not complaining about bad beats, I was actually just posting a bad run to spot the leaks. In any given moment I had said I played it all right, on the contrary.

No reason I would flame you, on the contrary, thanks again for taking the time and making precise comments on each hand. I couldn't expect anything better than that.

I have put my thoughts during the hands on the reply above (apparently we typed at the same time).
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz

[/SPOILER]
      Thanks, I appreciated a lot your comments and patient analysis of the hands.

I was not complaining about bad beats, I was actually just posting a bad run to spot the leaks. In any given moment I had said I played it all right, on the contrary.

No reason I would flame you, on the contrary, thanks again for taking the time and making precise comments on each hand. I couldn't expect anything better than that.

I have put my thoughts during the hands on the reply above (apparently we typed at the same time).

:f_o: A+ attitude. I've just read so many beginners complain about bad beats my general attitude towards threads like these is quite negative. I assumed you were just another one just complaining and not actualy thinking about the the important thing and the only thing you can do: improving your game. Usualy i won't even bother with such threads. You'd be surprised how closeminded alot of people are and just not willing to listen to any piece of advice.

With that attitude and just keeping an open mind and always keep improving you'll definetly get very far in poker :D