[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sb Qq (Sh)

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      MP3 calls $0.04, CO checks, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.28, 2 folds, CO calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.60) 8:club: , 4:spade: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.44, CO raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.76.

Turn: ($3.00) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO raises $2.52 (All-In), Hero calls $2.52.

River: ($8.04) J:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.04

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (Jc 9c)
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qs Qc)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Qs Qc)

Flop: Should I just be folding/raising here? I called cause I felt that raising would only really isolate me against sets, maybe 99-JJ and KK, AA.

• 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      MP3 is such a loose player, he has very wide range - from A3o, K4, 98, 56...

I like your flop c-bet. When he raises you, you should raise-shove to make him pay for draws.

Why is calling on flop so bad? If turn comes third :spade: or some K, A it's ugly for us to continue.

Also if you only call and he misses his draw on the turn he can just fold it when you bet. And if you check, he can check behind thus giving him two free cards which is not cool.

When playing this kind of player you should go for stacks. Sure, sometimes he's gonna show you set of 3 or some 84 but most of the times you're crushing his range.

Take care :)
    • veriz
      Hello Jeffers16,

Depends a lot on the opponent, do you expect him to raise there with draws or even weaker pairs? I'd say yes, it could be possible and while he does that I guess I would just ship it on flop rather Call and Check/Call the turn unless I know him better.

Against some passive nits I might even sometimes prefer Bet/Fold right on flop.

Best regards.