[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AQo in CO

• GGerila
      GGerila
      Bronze
      Thx for the help on the last hand, guess I should make a habit of posting more hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.12
      BB:
      $7.96
      CO (Hero):
      $5.07
      BU:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) 9, Q, 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.02) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50.

River: ($2.02) A (2 players)
      BB bets $1.00, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.02.

Villain stats:
      VP: 26 PFR: 12 AF: 1.8 FtCB: 43% hands: 203

I made a 1/2 pot bet on the turn for pot control with his range I expect he can have a lot of Two pair/sets/straights there. Should I still go for hand protection on the turn and make it a 3/4 pot as with his Fold to CBet stat he doesn't easily give up on the flop?

On the river his move looked suspicious after calling two barrels to bet that amount on the river I think maybe he was afraid I will give up betting a Queen or medium pair with so many monster hands possible , the only hands I expect I can beat with calling is if he just floated AK-ATs maybe A9o/A9s. Should I just outright call there or is the fold good most of the times?
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      If he doesn't fold to c-bet I would bet more - $0,35. He still calls you many times but also if he doesn't have legit draw on turn he's giving up there.

Turn: When c-betting flop I would be thinking of c-betting turn. This is really ugly one. I would go for check and be ready to call his 2/3 or 3/4 pot bet on river.

River: How played I wouldn't like it and would make a crying fold.
      If turn was checked behind I would however call his 3/4 pot bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello GGerila,

Posting hands is the most important part of poker and of course discussing them. :)

Flop: Since the board is somewhat drawy I might even threw a bigger bet here when I see him rather being a station and not Check/Raising me that often anyways. Although your size is fine as well.
      Turn: But I would definitely bet it bigger here ~$0,80 for maximum protection such a draw-heavy board.

As played
      River: While you made such a small bet on turn it might even sometimes induce him to try bluffing with some missed draws. And of course there are just so many other 2pair type of hands which we easily beat. Therefore I would likely Call it here.

Best regards.