This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Good player running bad or bad player that ran good?

• supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      Hi,

in the midst of a pretty bad run gone 21 straight 10 man Sit n go's on WH without a single cash and only 1 cash in the last 30 where as I did have 16% ROI on my previous 200 odd.

I understand the concept of variance and I know that I am looking at low sample size so trying to extrapolate good or bad performance from this sample is not possible.

What I am looking for is someone to help look at some of my recent sit n go's and let me know if I am losing money due to poor luck or bad play. Either someone in the same position wants to swap about 10 - 20 sit n go's for objective review of play and offer each other help

or

If there are any successful players looking to help coach / mentor. If the offer is right I would be willing to pay for the help but I have a limited bank roll so not sure how much I could offer.

If anyone is interested LMK
  • 7 replies
    • EasyOnEAS
      EasyOnEAS
      Bronze
      What stakes are you playing? turbo, superturbo?

I played a bunch there lately and I run basically just like you most of the time. Just losing the allins in every single sitngo for many games. One day it turned around quite heavily and I actually won so many ridicolous hands. You get the feeling, something is not right here...

If you want I can give you my opinion on your games, but its not gonna help you run good.

You can use the ICM trainer to see basic calling and pushing ranges.
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      Not playing turbo or Superturbo just normal. Bankrolled for $10+1 but due to low volume at that stake been multi tabling $5+0.50 & $5+1 jackpot. Know the extra 9% rake is there on the jackpot but willing to take the hit to increase volume given that I am working through bonus anyway and my preliminary results suggested the jackpot may make it around even money for the extra 50c

Do you find turbo / super-T's are the way to go?

I have a pretty good sense for Push / fold ranges according to ICM (using the ICM trainer getting about 83% right so maybe I should practice more) but if you don't mind taking a look want to make sure it isn't beggars belief and I actually suck when I am not getting help from the random number generator gods. Any help you can offer would be REALLY appreciated!

PM your contact details??
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Platinum
      id be happy to take a look if you like but bare in mind im no pro,not yet anyway :D .Im in the same situation as you grinding out the $5 sit n gos on pokerstars but luckily for me im running pretty well at the moment :s_biggrin:
    • EasyOnEAS
      EasyOnEAS
      Bronze
      If you are good at ICM I suggest superturbo/turbo. How long do the regular sitngos last? When the push/fold phase start are you usually above or below starting stack? Cause its a lot more play in normal sitngos obviously. And if your not making any better stack then I would say its a waste of time unless the guys at normal sitngos are very bad when the push/fold phase starts.

The superturbos are really fast and are all ICM, normal turbos have some play. Try them and see if they are for you.

You can mail/MSN me at: hemmingskar@hotmail.com
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Lucky you, I am a bad player running bad :( (((
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      Thanks EasyOnEAS!! I sent some files over by email.

Really appreciate it :D
    • twinny90
      twinny90
      Bronze
      i would reccomend stop playing sit n go's for a while and concentrate on your poker knowledge.
      Read some books! your game will improve massively.
      you'll come back armed with excellent skills and a desire to do well.