Good player running bad or bad player that ran good?

• supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      Hi,

in the midst of a pretty bad run gone 21 straight 10 man Sit n go's on WH without a single cash and only 1 cash in the last 30 where as I did have 16% ROI on my previous 200 odd.

I understand the concept of variance and I know that I am looking at low sample size so trying to extrapolate good or bad performance from this sample is not possible.

What I am looking for is someone to help look at some of my recent sit n go's and let me know if I am losing money due to poor luck or bad play. Either someone in the same position wants to swap about 10 - 20 sit n go's for objective review of play and offer each other help

or

If there are any successful players looking to help coach / mentor. If the offer is right I would be willing to pay for the help but I have a limited bank roll so not sure how much I could offer.

If anyone is interested LMK
  • 7 replies
    • EasyOnEAS
      EasyOnEAS
      Bronze
      What stakes are you playing? turbo, superturbo?

I played a bunch there lately and I run basically just like you most of the time. Just losing the allins in every single sitngo for many games. One day it turned around quite heavily and I actually won so many ridicolous hands. You get the feeling, something is not right here...

If you want I can give you my opinion on your games, but its not gonna help you run good.

You can use the ICM trainer to see basic calling and pushing ranges.
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      Not playing turbo or Superturbo just normal. Bankrolled for $10+1 but due to low volume at that stake been multi tabling $5+0.50 & $5+1 jackpot. Know the extra 9% rake is there on the jackpot but willing to take the hit to increase volume given that I am working through bonus anyway and my preliminary results suggested the jackpot may make it around even money for the extra 50c

Do you find turbo / super-T's are the way to go?

I have a pretty good sense for Push / fold ranges according to ICM (using the ICM trainer getting about 83% right so maybe I should practice more) but if you don't mind taking a look want to make sure it isn't beggars belief and I actually suck when I am not getting help from the random number generator gods. Any help you can offer would be REALLY appreciated!

PM your contact details??
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      id be happy to take a look if you like but bare in mind im no pro,not yet anyway :D .Im in the same situation as you grinding out the $5 sit n gos on pokerstars but luckily for me im running pretty well at the moment :s_biggrin:
    • EasyOnEAS
      EasyOnEAS
      Bronze
      If you are good at ICM I suggest superturbo/turbo. How long do the regular sitngos last? When the push/fold phase start are you usually above or below starting stack? Cause its a lot more play in normal sitngos obviously. And if your not making any better stack then I would say its a waste of time unless the guys at normal sitngos are very bad when the push/fold phase starts.

The superturbos are really fast and are all ICM, normal turbos have some play. Try them and see if they are for you.

You can mail/MSN me at: hemmingskar@hotmail.com
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Lucky you, I am a bad player running bad :( (((
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      Thanks EasyOnEAS!! I sent some files over by email.

Really appreciate it :D
    • twinny90
      twinny90
      Bronze
      i would reccomend stop playing sit n go's for a while and concentrate on your poker knowledge.
      Read some books! your game will improve massively.
      you'll come back armed with excellent skills and a desire to do well.