Does anyone build up a bankroll from like 80 bucks to 500 and just tilt it away.

• 6 replies
    • whipflip15
      Move up quickly by putting your BR on roulette number 19 RED
    • Iamaatm
      Haha I tried it ended up blowing everything.
    • undercover82
      If you dont have patience with poker better stop wasting your time , cash out and quit.
      You can move up fast in limits by being a luckbox and using a bad BRM. But then you will also fall just as fast because your poker skill will be far below the limit you play and luck eventually runs out.
    • Puschkin81
      Hi Iamaatm!

I strongly recommend that you reread our psychology articles. If you don't have the patience and discipline to play poker I recommend you stop playing because otherwise you will lose a lot of money.

Good luck at the tables!
    • finchybg
      Yep, I have an acquaintance who has made more than 600$ from 50 in a day or two, and eventually lost them in several hands(perhaps was playing NL200).
      If you have that kind of luck, why don't you just cash out the most of it before blowing it out and go back to lower limits. At least you will get some profit and money to spare for clubs and women :D

Damn, give me the guts and the luck to move from 50$ to 500$ in 2 hours and I cash out immediately the most of it. But it's not worth the try, because it's the easiest way to go broke..

big stack strategy 20 buy-ins and short stack strategy - 30 min buy-ins.. have to stick with it for constant long-term profit.
    • helemaalnicks
      it's not boring at all. And to comfort you, when you have a big bankroll, you can play with it a little bit. I play horse sometimes to keep me sharp, for lowest buy in. Doesnt hurt my bankroll, and i learn a lot more there then from playing another set of s&g's (like i always do).

But i guess you have to be a bit nerdy in order to be a good player. Since pokerplayers play the same game over and over and over and over again, and normal people have trouble doing that.