[NL2-NL10] Super deep against solid player

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      This was my first big 250bb deep hand. He is quite good regular but capable of making some moves too.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.36)
      Hero ($14.49)
      UTG ($5)
      CO ($5.28)
      BTN ($5.18)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.11, Hero raises to $0.35, SB calls $0.24

FLOP ($0.70) 9:spade: 6:diamond: 4:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.55, SB raises to $1.17, Hero calls $0.62

TURN ($3.04) 9:spade: 6:diamond: 4:heart: 6:club:

SB bets $2.01, Hero calls $2.01

RIVER ($7.06) 9:spade: 6:diamond: 4:heart: 6:club: T:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows Q:heart: Q:spade: (Pre 81%, Flop 86.8%, Turn 95.5%) SB shows 5:club: 5:heart: (Pre 19%, Flop 13.2%, Turn 4.5%) Hero wins $6.59

Flop: When he miniraises me (it's not even miniraise, he had to type the amount - red light alert) it is weird but somewhat I don't see him calling my 3bet preflop with 44,66 so I decided to continue with caution.

Turn is really nice card for me. I knew that. If I was 150bb deep I would raise-shove but playing this deep I couldn't do it. Analyzing it now I see he has $9 left and pot is $7 big so there is some room for fold if he overbets it on river.

River: I was hoping he has TT or JJ and then T comes. If he shoves how can we justify our call? We beat only JJ since he's not doing it with some 77,88 I think.

Also - When I called the turn I said to myself:" if A or K comes I'm calling him." My argument was that he wasn't doing c/r and turn c-bet with AK and if those two cards come it's less likely he has KK, AA.
      Analyzing it now I would value bet 1/2 pot if river came: 2, 3, 4, 5, and he checks to me (what about A, K?).
      If 7,8, T, J comes I would still check behind.

Sry for long post but I really want to be sure if similar situation comes again.
  • 3 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      I agree with your play,but you can't discount small pp preflop because you are deep and also he can slowplay AA and KK sometimes.Next time you post how aggressive he is,cos thats very important deciding call or fold.
      Nice hand for me.
      :f_confused:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since it is Sb vs BB and against player who can make moves I´d played the same way
      can´t b/f flop with your overpair, also have to call turn and if you don´t expect him to shove river then going o showdown is fine.
      Since he can do the same play with JJ and I think he would 4-bet KK/AA pf I would still go 3$ valuebet on the river. You get called down sometimes by worse hands and don´t think he is going to c/rai since you take so often your free showdown
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      481 hands
      19/14/8,3 3bet
      22 fold to 3bet/ 0 4bet

Can we b/f river? I was thinking of size and betting $2 is really thin and weak but we can fold it normally if he raises-shoves over us. If I bet $3 I'm not sure if we can fold to his raise?

Tnx :)