Losing session turned around

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Today I started a NL20 session, and in the first fifteen minutes I already got myself into a 3BI hole that just kept getting deeper and deeper. Half an hour later I was down almost 9BI and demotivated as hell. The right choice would have been to quit right then and there to put a stop to my spewy play, but one of my leaks is that I have difficulties ending a session with a loss. So I slapped the tilt out of me (literally, I slapped myself) and tightened up. Little over three hours (and 2500 hands) later I managed to secure another session in green.

I know that winning 1BI over 4 hours is hardly a success, but for me it's more about the spectacular comeback from the point where I was down 9BI and convinced I'll have to move down to NL10 after the session. This experience was extremely motivating and taught me that no matter how bad things are going you can always turn it around. Just had to share that, thanks for reading :)
  • 3 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Berzerger,

Thank you for sharing your this with us and hope to see more of these posts =)
      Where are you playing at?

Ingrid
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      William Hill. PokerStrategy was kind enough to resurrect my poker career by granting me $50 there, so I made my way up to NL20. With a little luck I'll hit the 1000 euro mark in a month or two.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Well fuck me unconscious... The EXACT SAME THING just happened, the very next session! This time I almost got to -9BI and spent no less than six hours trying to get it back. And succeeding! My goodness, I couldn't believe the shit I had to endure this session, trips over trips, runner runner for a stack on two occasions, complete fish just owning me for multiple stacks...

I swear, at some point I thought that I wouldn't even be able to get my money back no matter what I did, only the thought of yesterday's session kept me going. Now that I finally (but barely) got myself back into green I'm going to post here, eat for the first time in 12 hours, have a long shower and celebrate my persistence a little before I head off to school.

Last two days were just a complete mindfuck, I'm so happy I got myself out of those two holes I don't even care that I spent hours playing for a few lously euros.