advice on playing certain hands early phases SNG

• evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      just watched the video regarding hem filters from <3. Been exploring a bit and have found some a couple of leaks i think. Would be really interested in opinions/advice on how to fix these or place these hand groupings better.
      All of the below is based on the last month of data (+600 sngs) and im focussing on my early game atm.

AJ/ajs - I am a losing with these hands when blinds are under 80 (actually losing on all BB levels but focusing on early games here). Recently i have been limping with aj in early and mid and raising in late. how do you guys play aj preflop? I think my first change needs to be folding aj in EP and depending on reads/stats raising from MP/LP.

Medium Pair - i think i am overplaying these and not letting go when i should. i am winning with small pairs (22-55) but my mediums 66-tt are a bit of a dogs breakfast. How do you guys play these in early phases. only continue if you hit trips? fold to any preflop raise? can i really fold TT to a standard raise?

unsuited connectors (vpip for month 14.6%). I generally limp with these if there are limpers before me but I am getting creamed with these hands early on. Just going to fold these going forward. Any advice on how to play these (ie what odds do you need to be getting to play these preflop early).

Thanks guys. I'm sure that there is going to be many more. Have been a winning player butnow getting smashed by variance and some pretty sloppy play. so back to basics .....
  • 2 replies
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      I don't open limp at all.

AJ: I fold from EP, raise from MP. Isolate fish limpers.

66-TT: I open raise TT from EP on some tables. Raise 66-TT from MP.
      LP: Isolate limpers with 88+

22-55: Fold EP and MP. Overlimp from LP and MP(on low blinds).
      Open raise from LP.

Unsuited conectors: I don't play them. Only sometimes on SB ater 2+ limpers.

Regs can copy paste this on my notes :f_biggrin:
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      AJ/ajs - I am a losing with these hands when blinds are under 80 (actually losing on all BB levels but focusing on early games here). Recently i have been limping with aj in early and mid and raising in late. how do you guys play aj preflop? I think my first change needs to be folding aj in EP and depending on reads/stats raising from MP/LP.
      I am playing the $6.50 Turbos at Tilt and I have found AJ to be a nightmare in the early phase. The Starting Hands Chart you get in the Basic section says to only raise AJ from the Late Position and I agree 100%. Otherwise you just get reraised again and again and have to fold. Not sure what stakes you play but you may be experiencing the same problem.

Medium Pair - i think i am overplaying these and not letting go when i should. i am winning with small pairs (22-55) but my mediums 66-tt are a bit of a dogs breakfast. How do you guys play these in early phases. only continue if you hit trips? fold to any preflop raise? can i really fold TT to a standard raise?
      I just limp with 22-88 no problem. 99 I like to raise a lot and TT by all means. If I can't raise then I Call with those hands. I use the "Call10" rule instead of the "Call20" rule because it is so easy to get a stack in SNGs compared to Cash games, and because it's rare for both stacks to be over 20BBs.

unsuited connectors (vpip for month 14.6%). I generally limp with these if there are limpers before me but I am getting creamed with these hands early on. Just going to fold these going forward. Any advice on how to play these (ie what odds do you need to be getting to play these preflop early).

Thanks guys. I'm sure that there is going to be many more. Have been a winning player butnow getting smashed by variance and some pretty sloppy play. so back to basics .....
      Unsuited connectors should be raised from the late position and nothing more. You want to raise, get a call, have buddy check to you and then decide what to do from there. You can check and get the free card to hit your straight on the Turn.

Anyway, sorry if my answers are basic, you may play at much higher stakes than me.

Nav