[NL2-NL10] AJ 2NL - wheel straight

• philhellmutt
      Today I'm not playing much, but analysing (and laughing) at some of my earliest hands from December 2010.

This hand would be interesting to have analysed though... there's no way I'd go broke with this hand now.

Preflop: Now, I would raise to $0.08

Flop: 2 opponents (SB is a station), so I'm still quite happy with checking here

Turn: This is where I really screwed up, and no way I would raise this now, especially against the BB with AF of 1.0... at these limits of course they call 3BB PF raise with 56, 67, A6... I wasn't even thinking of opponent's ranges while making this play.... calling his min-raise is terrible....

River: Ouch...

I do have one question here.... do you think a call on the turn would be OK, and re-evaluate on river? TBH, I'm probably folding turn against this opponent.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.04)
      BB ($1.67)
      UTG ($2)
      Hero ($3.35)
      UTG+2 ($4.35)
      MP1 ($1.65)
      MP2 ($2.26)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.18) 4:diamond: 2:diamond: 5:club:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.18) 4:diamond: 2:diamond: 5:club: 3:heart:

SB checks, BB bets $0.09, Hero raises to $0.26, SB folds, BB raises to $0.43, Hero calls $0.17

RIVER ($1.04) 4:diamond: 2:diamond: 5:club: 3:heart: K:heart:

BB bets $1.18 (AI), Hero calls $1.18

BB shows A:club: 6:diamond: (Pre 26%, Flop 34.0%, Turn 96.6%)Hero shows A:spade: J:spade: (Pre 74%, Flop 66.0%, Turn 3.4%)BB wins $3.18

I'll see if I can find more from the archives... ;)
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      My usual raise size is 3x and I think it is fine. If you want you can make it 4x utg, but on the bu when you get 3-bet lighter I think 3x is better
      Postlop: you can check flop, but that means you´re likely going to c/f and give hands that would likely fold, like QTs free cards, so with overcards+gutshot I would prefer c-bet
      Turn: if you raise you likely have to raise/fold since players would not 3-bet that spot with Ax, sets or two pair, but call is also fine
      I think you have to fold river, since he is not overbet shoving Ax, but rather 6x