[NL20-NL50] [NL50 FR Rush] KTs faces river 2x overbet.

• whipflip15
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, T.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $1.75.

Flop: ($5.25) 2, 2, 6 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($5.25) K (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $3.75, UTG2 raises to $7.50, Hero calls $3.75.

River: ($20.25) T (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $142.10(All-In), Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $20.

I have only played a couple dozen hands v this villain but I had a note that he limp/called PF in EP w a PP so I chose not to cbet flop. River is an easy fold? Also call on turn is fine yeah? What if he bets $15 on river?
  • 2 replies
    • StaticMoth
      This is an easy fold yeap ...
      But if he makes a normal size bet, I cry and call probably ...

If we assume he's a fish (limp/calling) ...
      We can also give him AK/KQ/KJ that he "slowplayed pre/overplayed post" ...
      K6s, A2 ...

And ofc boats/quads/backdoor FD with suited low aces.

vs that range you are 48% ahead and you need 42% equity to call $15 on the river if I'm not mistaken with my math ...

So yeah, 3/4 would be the max I'd be willing to make a crying call there vs a fish.

Very close - would need a bit more reads/stats on the player.

But the way he played it, it's always backdoor flush or boat (or quads).
    • veriz
      Hello whipflip15,

While the opponent is pretty unknown to me I might even fold it right on turn, I just don't see many hands which we beat he would play this way and we might easily just put ourselves into dumb spots where we Calling like near pot size bet on river with just TP and not even having a very good kicker.

But as played the river you can't really do much against his shove, it's more often for value, maybe even with FH but you don't beat much there, that's only what I can say.

And if he would bet like $15 then I might make the crying Call while you did the Call on turn which doesn't make sense to Call the turn and then give it up on such a river card.

Best regards.